Subject: Re: Monogram P-47D-25
From: "Steve Bamford" <[email-masked]>
To: "Rustam Usmanov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 11:51:54 -0700

Steve Bamford
Aircraft Resource Center
http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com
----- Original Message -----
From: "Rustam Usmanov" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2001 1:25 AM
Subject: Monogram P-47D-25

> Hi, Steve!
>
> This is my second article - about Monogram P-47D-25.
> I like this plane far in time. When I decided to build this plane in 1/48
scale, I chose old Monogram P-47D-25 (Hi-Tech series). I think the Monogram
P-47 much better replicate the brutal, rough nature of the real plane, than
slim, smooth Hasegawa's Jug. Initially model was fully rescribed and all
rivets were made by simple tool. I used clock gear in handle. I did not use
any aftermarket accessory, but took some parts from Academy's P-47N. Academy
provide earlier type of the P&W engine, than must be on N-model. This engine
appropriate for D-model of P-47. Also I used front of engine cowl, underwing
pylons, flattened wheels, tail wheel bay doors. I widely used copper and
brass foil of different thickness, syringe needles, copper wires, styrene
sheet, bazooka tubes made of sprue frame of appropriate diameter. I provide
this article with lot of photo and drawings.
> Painting scheme is famous "Hairless Joe" of David Schilling, commander of
famous 56 FG, flown "Jugs" until the end of War.
>
> Sorry for my "rough" English.
>
> With best regards.
> Alexey Matvienko, Khabarovsk, Russia
>
> PS. This article splitted on three messages.
>