Subject: Re: Photos for Gallery
From: "Steve Bamford" <[email-masked]>
To: "???????? ?????? ????????????" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 21:52:51 -0700

Steve Bamford
Aircraft Resource Center
http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com

Live like there is no tomorrow;
Love like you have never been hurt; and
Dance like no one is watching!

----- Original Message -----
From: "???????? ?????? ????????????" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2001 5:58 AM
Subject: Photos for Gallery

> Dear Steve,
> I would like to offer you my shots of Gripen for placing on your Gallery.
> This is at first time. Also English is not my first language. Therefore
> there may be some "poor" phrases. Also:
>
> Basic data:
> JAS-39A Gripen (airframe 39132, Sweden Air Force, Wing F7, approximately
> 1999 year)
> Italeri kit 008, scale 1/72
> I made this airplane not for exhibition but "for myself".  And I have
added
> needles only as a good Piton tubes replacement instead of poor kit's ones.
> All the other details are from the kit but with a lot of corrections and
> improvements.
> The kit is quite modern (Italeri's copyright dated 2000 year), But from my
> point of view it seems as average quality kit of 1980's. The panel lines
are
> engraved but they are too wide and shallow. The moulding has many mistakes
> and has not any accuracy and "sharpness" of many modern kits. Many
elements
> "want" to be corrected, first of all antennas (oversized), intake and all
> the armament. I tried to solve all the problems with exception of the form
> of RB.15F missile nose parts, which remained too acute and therefore
> incorrect.
> I chose paint version for 39132 airframe (tactical No. "32"). The model is
> finished in appropriate two tones of grey: Humbrol 145 (FS35237 - upper)
and
> Humbrol 127 (FS36375 - undersides). In both cases I added Humbrol 130
White
> to achieve a necessary scale effect. By the way, the paint scheme
suggested
> in the kit's instruction is not complete correct for tactical No. "32". In
> realty this airframe was painted in accordance with Lo-Vis scheme not for
> 100%. Some elements (first of all intakes) are remained in Hi-Vis
markings.
> Therefore I used a combination of decal variants suggested to achieve
quite
> correct result. Also some elements of intakes was painted in Brown (mix),
> that is not described in the instruction.
> I assembled the Gripen all the August 2001 and now may say that overall
this
> kit of XXI Century fighter is not a kit of XXI Century. Nevertheless I
glad
> to see the assembled model on the shelve.
>
>  <>  <>  <>  <>  <>
> <>  <>
> You may place the photos in ordnance for your choice
>
> Best regards,
> Sergey Zhvansky, Russia
>