Subject: MR. ARC: A POST SCRIPT FOR MY DC-3 MODEL: RODNEY WILLIAMS
From: Rodney Williams <[email-masked]>
To: STEVE BAMFORD <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 06:17:45 -0700

" A POST SCRIPT FOR MY DC-3 AIRLINER"

                           By: Rodney Williams

Ah!  "The Luck of the Irish.!!!"  The proof is in the pudding, as they
say in America.  Some may ask?  "Did Rodney really get to sit up in the
jump seat?"  This photo is worth a 1,000 words.

Captain Terry Sutherland hails from New Zealand, and came to Samoa at a
young age to fly the fabulous DC-3.  He left Samoa with his Samoan wife
Maxine around 1985.  We lost contact until 1999, and had a great reunion
up in San Francisco, California.  Terry was flying this "Airbus" jumbo
jet for Singapore Air.  He now drives a new Boeing 767.  A dashing man
that he is, who has never shaved off his handlebar mustache, and still
speaks English, the New Zealand way like: "GIDDAY MATE."

I spoke of marring a beautiful Polynesian lady:  Here we are way back
then, and now 40+ years later.

These ladies worked as "air hostesses" for Polynesian during the
1970's.  OK! you single guys!  Would it be love at first sight?  Like
me, they are 30 years older, but  young ones abound all over the islands
today.

Western Samoa, ( just SAMOA today) is still very beautiful, even after
I've been gone since 1977.  Here's an aerial view of Apia, which is the
island nations capitol.  It's fun in the hot sun, all year long.  These
vacant beaches are waiting for you!  Don't forget to go fishing in a dug
out canoe, or a bit of snorkeling and  scuba diving.  As my "Scottish"
friend  George Muir would say:

                  "Here's looking up your kilt mate!"

                                 Rodney