Subject: MR. ARC- FERRARI F-40 CAR (STORY ONLY)
From: Rodney Williams <[email-masked]>
To: STEVE BAMFORD <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 05:50:59 -0800

A RED FERRARI F-40 AUTOMOBILE
                          BY:  RODNEY WILLIAMS

Unlike my Caddy, I only used one fantastic Tamiya kit.  Guess I'm
getting better at model building in my tender age of 70.

Take a look at this assembled and painted engine.  Like my Caddy, the
Ferrari had one fine looking motor.  All of the parts had crisp detail
with a minimum amount of flashing.  No matter how I displayed the model,
you can see the top of the engine through the rear window.  If you
raised the aft section of the body like I planned on doing, then the
engine looks real impressive.  The bottom of the engine showed lots of
detail.  I knew in advance that my model will be displayed in the same
kind of case that my Caddy is in, so it was necessary to do a quality
modeling job on the bottom of the engine and frame work.

With such  a big front and rear window, I knew I had to glue them in
very carefully, as I did not want to get any glue on the clear parts.
Presto, my brain said: "Rodney, use Future Floor Wax."  As everyone
knows, Future is an excellent glue!  After the model was painted on the
in/out side I positioned in the two windows, and began applying the
"future" and after several applications, all minor gaps were filled in.
Today, over two years later, the future has not cracked or crazed.  It
beats trying to fill in the gaps with any type of model glue, especially
"white glue!"  The clear plastic injected molded windows needed no clear
coat, so during the building process, the clear parts were kept in a zip
lock bag, and handled with white "nylon" gloves on final assembly.  I've
used the nylon gloves for over a decade, as they do not leave any "lint"
on your parts like "cotton" gloves do!

The instructions said that the Ferrari F-40 was painted in "red" only.
I used my automotive red lacquer paint for the car.  "SnJ" aluminum was
used for the overall color on the engine.  Several Tamiya Acrylics
colors were used on the engine and on the inside of the car.

As I look back on this car, I should have had the side windows open!  It
could have been done by just cutting off part of the bottom of the side
windows.  I could have given it a custom "Rodney's Color" paint job.

I have some other car models in my closet and maybe I will put one
together, as they are much easier to build than airplanes.

Happy Car Modeling

Rodney