Subject: Re: Article submission
From: "Submissions for ARC" <[email-masked]>
To: "Tony Harwood" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 17:15:29 -0800

Hi,
I just wanted to let you know your article went on ARC today.  Thanks again 
for sending it in.

Steve Bamford
ARC Air - Aircraft Resource Center
http://www.arcair.com

Live like there is no tomorrow;
Love like you've never been hurt.
Work like you don't need the money.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Sing like nobody's listening.
Live like it's Heaven on Earth.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Tony Harwood" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2011 9:24 AM
Subject: Article submission

Gallery Article Template

Lockhead F-104 Starfighter

by Tony Harwood (Dampfpanzerwagon)
--------------------

Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 01.jpg here

I have been a long-term 'lurker' for some considerable time and have always 
hoped that one day a model of mine would feature on ARC.  My first 
submission is however an illustration that I did some time ago, in fact 
twenty-seven years ago!

Back in 1984, my Uncle gave me some photographs of an airshow that he had 
attended, this illustration of a Luftwaffe F-104 inspired me to produce this 
pen drawing or 'dot' drawing.  I went on to produce a number of similar 
images, but found that the technique of working for long periods and at such 
close quarters gave me eye strain.  I now prefer watercolours or scratch 
building Victorian Science Fiction (VSF) gunships or building 'masters' for 
resin wargame terrain companies.  For more information check out my Blog at;
http://dampfpanzerwagon.blogspot.com/

The image you see here is a photograph of the original drawing which I came 
across when I was re-insulating the attic following the very cold weather we 
have been experiencing in the UK this Christmas.  I was going to wrap it and 
place it back upstairs, but thought that it would be fun to share it with 
ARC readers and repay some of the pleasure I have experienced over the years 
seeing and reading about your models.

The original is 420mm x 290mm and was produced on 'artists quality' tracing 
paper following a technique I had been shown by an art student at Swansea 
University.

Tony