Subject: Re: 413 sqn Hercules
From: "Submissions for ARC" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 11:04:47 -0800

Hi,
I just wanted to let you know your article went on ARC today.  Thanks again 
for sending it in.

Steve Bamford
ARC Air - Aircraft Resource Center
http://www.arcair.com

Live like there is no tomorrow;
Love like you've never been hurt.
Work like you don't need the money.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Sing like nobody's listening.
Live like it's Heaven on Earth.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2011 6:00 AM
Subject: 413 sqn Hercules

  <>  <>  <>

"1/72 413 Sqn Hercules"
by "Harv"
--------------------
Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 01.jpg here
Normally I wait til the build job's finished before displaying, but in
this case I had to make an exception. The reason is the new decals from
Leading Edge Models, for the grey scheme currently in use. The sheet had
been profiled on ARC already, but this sheet really is AWESOME! I've
been bugging Dave at LEM for a while for it, and just got my copies. I
immediately set to work on my in-progress C-130E, and here's some shots.
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 03.jpg
here. Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of
photo 03.jpg
Now, these decals are not for the ham-fisted. I spent roughly 10 hours
applying everything from walk-lines to the wee tiny first aid kit
markings. They make the grade. The markings seemed dark on the sheet,
but are perfect on the Gunship-grey beast.
Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 02.jpg here
As for the tail number, I flew as a SAR spotter in 130328 in Greenwood
Nova Scotia. I even barfed a few times, since most rescues are in less
than ideal conditions. It's a tough but very old bird (1968), being
withdrawn from service in favor of the slightly newer H model( 1980's).
I'm scratchbuilding the gear that fits in the cargo area to config the
model as it would be sitting on the tarmac.
"Harv"