Subject: Re: MiG-23MF gallery article part 1 of 4
From: "Submissions for ARC" <[email-masked]>
To: "Emmanuelle KERRIOU" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 13:48:04 -0700

Hi,
I just wanted to let you know your article went on ARC today.  Thanks again for sending it in.

Steve Bamford
ARC Air - Aircraft Resource Center
http://www.arcair.com

Live like there is no tomorrow;
Love like you've never been hurt.
Work like you don't need the money.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Sing like nobody's listening.
Live like it's Heaven on Earth.

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Emmanuelle KERRIOU 
  To: [email-masked] 
  Sent: Sunday, July 03, 2011 12:47 AM
  Subject: MiG-23MF gallery article part 1 of 4

  Hi Steve !

  This is a galery article of one of my last builds.

  Cheers !
  Pierrig

  1/72 Hasegawa MiG-23MF « Flogger-B »

  by "Pierrig Salaün"
  --------------------

        Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 01.jpg here 

  This is my Hasegawa MiG-23MF « Flogger-B » in BVVS (Bulgarian air force) colors, wearing post-1992 roundels. Inspiration came to me from an Americo Maia profile and from few pictures on Airliners. It was completed between june 2008 and october 2010.

  Hasegawa kit is not very accurate. Of course, it's not a MiG-23S like stated on the box, it's more like a MiG-23M/MF. I decided to enhance it as far as I could using 4+ views and plans and some aftermarket like MiG-23ML Eduard photoetched parts (for cockpit, engine exhaust, antennas, wheel wells doors, etc...), True Detail KM-1 seat and Armory twin missiles rails APU-60-IIM with 4 R-60s. 

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 03.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 03.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 04.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 04.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 05.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 05.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 06.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 06.jpg

  This is what was modified from the original kit :

    a.. It was first integrally rescribed as Hasegawa lines are 90 % wrong.

    b.. Nose wheel well was partly redone using plastic card to get a real wheel compartment. Nose wheels came from the sworn enemy, the Hasegawa F-14. It was the best fitted wheels I had on hand...

    c.. The radome having a wrong shape, too narrow, it was redone using a Hasegawa MiG-29 one with a scratchbuilt pitot tube.

    d.. Fuselage was lenghtened 3 mm just aft of the cockpit.

    e.. 2 mm of wing tips were removed and 1,5 mm of wing trailing edges were added using plastic card.

    f.. The fuselage part of the wing was also extended with plastic card and putty.

    g.. APU intake and exhaust were added as it's always opened on ground, coupled with landing gear.

    h.. Extrados air intakes were redone in scratch as well as every misplaced detail, antennas, air-brakes armatures, radio-altimeters, oversized nose pitot and ILS, central belly pylon, air intakes and IR sensor covers, etc...

    i.. Air intakes leading edges were also lenghtened between 2/3 mm to follow the fuselage lenghtening.

    j.. R-3S missiles are modified Sidewinders from Academy Crusader box.

    k.. Finally, the twin barrels 23 mm canon was also lenghtened to the right size, barrels redone in scratch.

        Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 02.jpg here 

  Concerning the paint, roundels were painted using home made masks. Camo is done using Humbrol paints (78 for extrados light green and a mix of 89 blue and 147 light grey for intrados light blue) and Gunze paints, H310 for tan, H340 for dark green and H344 for rust brown. Dielectric parts are done using H82/83 dark greys and H338 light grey.

  Stencils came from the kit's decal sheet, 670 red codes are home made as well as little white Flogger silhouette on the nose, printed by FFSMC productions.

  I hope you liked it !

  "Pierrig Salaün"

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 07.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 07.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 08.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 08.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 09.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 09.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 10.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 10.jpg

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 11.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 11.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 12.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 12.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 13.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 13.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 14.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 14.jpg

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 15.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 15.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 16.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 16.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 17.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 17.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 18.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 18.jpg

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 19.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 19.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 20.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 20.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 21.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 21.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 22.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 22.jpg

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 23.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 23.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 24.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 24.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 25.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 25.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 26.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 26.jpg

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 27.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 27.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 28.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 28.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 29.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 29.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 30.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 30.jpg

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 31.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 31.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 32.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 32.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 33.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 33.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 34.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 34.jpg

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 35.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 35.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 36.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 36.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 37.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 37.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 38.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 38.jpg

  Photos and text ©2011 by "Pierrig Salaün"