Subject: Artivle, My new MiG29A
From: "Said Ordazmoreno" <[email-masked]>
To: "Steve Bamford" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 04:15:38 -0500

Gallery Template #10. (note. Pictures being emailed separately to avoid
making this email too fat.)
"1/48 Academy MiG 29A 120 IAP Aggressors Scheme" 
by "Said <mailto:[email-masked]> "
--------------------

Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 01.jpg here 

This is my second ACA MiG29A (2116), and each one gets better than the
last. I once more used the Aires resin cockpit set which is no picnic
but looks great once inside. The decals are from Eagle Strike Prod #
48039, Aggressors Training School; real good decals too, in register and
brightly colored. Kit stencil decals were used as well. Paint is Model
Master Enamels Fulcrum Gray and Gray-Green, free hand cammo. 

Click on images below to see larger images

Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 03.jpg
here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of
photo 03.jpg 
 <http://69.12.6.178/Article-Templates/03.jpg> 
 Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 04.jpg
here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of
photo 04.jpg 
 <http://69.12.6.178/Article-Templates/04.jpg> 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 05.jpg
here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of
photo 05.jpg 
 <http://69.12.6.178/Article-Templates/05.jpg> 
The actual plane was a MiG29A 9-12 attached to the First Squadron, Unit
120 IAP of the VVS. This is an aggressor plane, serving the same purpose
as the US aggressors used in training other squadrons. This was Bu. 01,
which featured the Russian tri-color plus the blue and yellow flag of
the VVS, and a red lightning bolt under the cockpit. The guess is that
this was the regiment Commander's aircraft but this has not been
verified.

Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 02.jpg here 
Note, please make sure that pic #2 goes here, I took about 30 shots for
this angle until I was satisfied and would love it to show prominently
as soon as the page is open. :-)

Engine exhausts are resin too, which add a lot of detail to the rear
end. Weathering was kept to a minimum because I wanted the markings to
show prominently. However, some was done using oil washes with dark
umber, burnt sienna and 2HB pencils for the panel lines in the belly of
the beast. I left out the seat from the pictures to show the cockpit
detail, too bad you can't see all the painted knobs in there.

Click on images below to see larger images

Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 06.jpg
here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of
photo 06.jpg 
 <http://69.12.6.178/Article-Templates/06.jpg> 
 Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 07.jpg
here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of
photo 07.jpg 
 <http://69.12.6.178/Article-Templates/07.jpg> 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 08.jpg
here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of
photo 08.jpg 
 <http://69.12.6.178/Article-Templates/08.jpg> 
This is the detail picture of the scratch built tubing and oleos for the
wheel wells, As usual, I spent about 6 hours detailing it and you cannot
tell I did much in there. To finalize, these are the 2 pro-built and
finished MiG29A's from my MiG Alley. In progress are 3 more Fulcrums,
built and in the process of being painted.

Click on images below to see larger images

Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 09.jpg
here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of
photo 09.jpg 
 <http://69.12.6.178/Article-Templates/09.jpg> 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 10.jpg
here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of
photo 10.jpg 
 <http://69.12.6.178/Article-Templates/10.jpg> 
Thank you for watching!
Said
Photos and text C 2003 by "Said"