Subject: Re: Gallery Article 1:48 NA T28D Trojan
From: "Steve Bamford" <[email-masked]>
To: "Aibara Darius @Consult" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 09:04:34 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Aibara Darius @Consult" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Steve Bamford'" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2003 5:25 AM
Subject: Gallery Article 1:48 NA T28D Trojan

Gallery Template #05
"1:48 North American T28D Trojan"
by "Darius Aibara"
--------------------
Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 01.jpg here   <<...>>

This is the Monogram 1:48 T28A converted into a D model with a little help
from those kind folks at "Black Box".
A few years ago Monogram re-issued some of their old 1:48 kits under the
"Monogram Classics" logo featuring the original kit box, parts and
instructions but with new decals and a rather useless iron-on badge
featuring the aircraft.  I had always wanted a Trojan but the lack of a
decent interior with the kit always put this kit near the bottom of the
pending stack.  Last year Black Box produced a very nice detailed resin
cockpit interior for this kit and so I was away.
The kit parts are not too badly detailed with subdued rivet detail and even
some recessed panel lines.  It also does not have the raised decal location
lines that some kits of this vintage tend to feature.  The kit is of the
T28A model and so I relocated the lower left engine intake scoop to that of
the D model, opening up the cowl flaps whilst I was at it.  The under wing
wheel wells were boxed in and a new nosewheel bay made from plastic card.  I
used the kit undercarriage struts but added torque links and other details
from scratch.  The kit wheels were replaced with ones of a similar diameter
from the spares box.  The kit undercarriage was designed to retract so I had
to carve off the over scale hinge mechanisms and fill the resulting
trenches.  I re-used the main gear doors but scratch built those for the
nose gear.
The kit canopy was separated and combined with the Black Box components as
per their instructions.  I "half-inched" a three bladed white metal prop
from an unbuilt Sanger vac-formed kit of the T28C to replace the kit's two
bladed prop.

Click on images below to see larger images
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 03.jpg here.
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 03.jpg
 <<...>>   Steve Bamford will insert a click-able
smaller version of photo 04.jpg here. Clicking on that photo will bring up
the full sized version of photo 04.jpg    <<...>>  
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 05.jpg here.
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 05.jpg
 <<...>>  
I primed the model with grey acrylic auto primer and then brush painted it
with Humbrol enamels.  The colour scheme is that of a USAF bird that I saw
and rather liked at Oshkosh in 2001.  I used the kit decals with the
exception of the fuselage stars and bars which were too large.

The vac-formed T28C is now at the bottom of the pending stack!!!  Good job I
have a second Black Box cockpit.
Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 02.jpg here   <<...>>

Photos and text © 2003 by "Darius Aibara"

 <<T28D.zip>>

Darius Aibara
TPS Consult

Tel:  020 8256 4090
Fax: 020 8256 4082

www.tpsconsult.co.uk

**********************************************************************
This email transmission is confidential and intended for the
addressee only. It may contain privileged and confidential
information. If you are not the person or organisation to
whom it is addressed, you must not copy, distribute, or take
any action in reliance upon it. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the
[email-masked] and return it.

Carillion PLC Registered in England No. 3782379
Registered Office:
Birch Street Wolverhampton WV1 4HY
**********************************************************************

________________________________________________________________________
This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The
service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive
anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit:
http://www.star.net.uk
________________________________________________________________________