Subject: Re: Inaccurate Paint Scheme Entry:ANTONOV AN-2 "HIPPIE"
From: "Steve Bamford" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 10:40:52 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 2:54 AM
Subject: Inaccurate Paint Scheme Entry:ANTONOV AN-2 "HIPPIE"

Good Morning Mr. Bamford,
My name is Jaroslav Hajecek and I am a 25 year old modeller form Prague,
Czech Republic and I am daily visitor to your website. Up till now I have
not had  enough guts to send a model but since I have seen the innacurate
paint scheme topic, it has prompted me to do some fun project.
Enclosed are pictures of an AN 2, done in "Hippie" paint scheme.
I will be sending another model soon, and I promise it will be something out
of the "normal" steram.

Article: Antonov AN-2 "HIPPIE"

Model: Antonov AN - 2
Model Manufacturer: WEB-PLASTICART (East Germany)
Scale: 1/75

Hallo all of you who have had the urge to enter into the innacurate paint
scheme group build. As many of you have noticed, the scale and the model
manufacturer are somewhat odd. Well, the model is from the very early 80´s
or late 70´s and it was produced by a company in East Germany called
Web-Plasticart. This company was known for their completely off-the wall
scale of any model, and more than poor quality of their models.
Web-Plasticart was mostly focused on commercial eastern-block aircraft, and
some western airliners. But the scope o their interest has always been a
mystery to me since I have seen models varying form Tupolev TU-144 through
Mi-1 helicopter in 1/100 scale to this Antonov AN-2 in 1/75 scale. Well
enough of history, modellers form the world formally known as " the world
behind the iron curtain" know what I am talking about.

Couple of years ago, I was browsing through one of the many model shops here
in Prague, and found this model. Just out of nostalgy or what I bought that
"piece of art." I figured that it will be on my shelf as more of a collector
item, and historical relic since I used to build these as a little kid. But
last week I have come across a 144th scale F-4 Phantom from Tanty Listiawaty
here on ARC (I do truly want to thank Tanty for providing the inspiration)
and sent pictures of this aircraft to a friend of mine sitting with me in
the office. Shortly after she received the pictures of the F-4, I was given
the "I want an airplane like that" response. Obviously I was stupid enough
to say that I will build one. Based on another flower related story I have
experienced with her, I sat down last night (10 March 2003) and picked up
this monster, and decided to make it one of those one night projects. So I
went on with the build. Nothing extra, fill where needed, no deatiling or
anything of that sort. No windows, (let alone they were not in the kit
anyway so it has quite effective airconditioning :-))) ) Painting was pretty
simple: pink airbrushed on and the rest is hand painted. The few decals used
were from my overflowing spares box.
NOTE: This model is intended for couple of good laughs of the ARC crowd. I
hope you people enjoy it. :-)))))))
I will be joining ARC with some "serious" model soon. :-))))) Happy
modelling !!!
Jaroslav

 <>  <>  <>  <>  <>

Jaroslav Hajecek
Sikorsky S76C+ Program
Ph:+420 255 762 071
Fax:+420 255 762 610
Cell: +420 602 476 817
E-Mail: [email-masked]