Subject: Re: Bf-108
From: "Steve Bamford" <[email-masked]>
To: "Randy Lutz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 21:23:15 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Randy Lutz" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2003 11:47 AM
Subject: Bf-108

Hi Steve,

Please find attached some images of my Eduard Bf-108, finished in Hungarian
markings.

I used the ProfiPack version of the kit.  Contrary to what reviewers on
other web sites have mentioned, I had no difficulties whatsoever with the
fit of the cockpit sidewalls.  The only area I had to do any trimming was at
the most inboard part of the well wells, on the inside of the wing bottom.
This was to allow the cockpit tub to sit squarely on the wing bottom.

A couple of minor kit faults other reviewers have missed are the tailplane
supports and the tail wheel.  The positioning of the struts are shown
incorrectly in the instructions.  Eduard suggests that the end of the strut
with the large fairing should fasten to the fuselage, which is incorrect.
Photos show that the large part mounts to the underside of the tailplane.
This means that you must switch the struts from side to side and end over
end.  Also, the tail wheel strut is too long.  It is fine if the model is to
displayed in an in-flight configuration, but it should be shorter if the
model is to sitting on the ground.

I finished my 108 in a 74/75 over 76 scheme using Xtracolor paint and is
based on the photo found in the Monogram Close-up on the Taifun. Overall, a
joy to build.

A full build review article is scheduled to appear in an upcoming issue of
SAMI.