Subject: Re: Gallery, Harrier
From: "Steve Bamford" <[email-masked]>
To: "skyraider" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 10:08:15 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "skyraider" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Steve Bamford'" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2003 1:15 AM
Subject: AW: Gallery, Harrier

Hi Steve,

I have sent all the pictures together with the mail. Then before sending, I
changed the format to Rich-Text, and I all of a sudden found all the
pictures lined up at the end of the article, instead as an attachment. I
don't know if they are still there (at the end) and you didn't see them, or
if they are really missing. For the latter case I send you all the files
again as attachment in this mail.

About some days ago I sent you an article I wrote about Fligtpath (Aim-9,
Aim-120, USN Carrier Deck Set). You never told me, whether it arrived.

Leander

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Steve Bamford [mailto:[email-masked]]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 6. März 2003 19:57
An: skyraider
Betreff: Re: Gallery, Harrier

Hi Leander,
You used the ARC templates perfectly.  I just need you to attach your
harrier pics to an e-mail and send them to me.
Thanks!!!  I hope to run your Flightpath review this Sunday.

Steve Bamford
Aircraft Resource Center
http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com

Live like there is no tomorrow;
Love like you have never been hurt; and
Dance like no one is watching!

----- Original Message -----
From: "skyraider" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2003 3:40 AM
Subject: Gallery, Harrier

"1/48 Monogram AV-8B Harrier"
by "Leander Niederhauser"
--------------------
Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 01.jpg here

When I ordered this AV-8 I never knew what would be in the box. The image
looked new, and the companies printed on the box were Hasegawa (under this
name the kit was sold) and Revell. When I then finally opened the box, I
found the well known "old" Monogram Harrier. So I don't want to write too
much about the construction. Others have done it much better than I could
do. You find the most complete and accurate guide here:
http://www.kitparade.com/features00/harrierlb_1.htm Thank you Lance!

Click on images below to see larger images
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 03.jpg here.
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 03.jpg
 <http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Article-Templates/03.jpg>
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 04.jpg here.
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 04.jpg
 <http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Article-Templates/04.jpg>
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 05.jpg here.
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 05.jpg
 <http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Article-Templates/05.jpg>

Because I was often in Skopje, Pristina, Ohrid and Sarajevo just after the
Balkan war, I saw a lot of IFOR, SFOR, UN, KFOR ... marked helicopters and
airplanes. So it was always my wish to build a bird with these markings.
During the research for decals for my Harrier I found the Twobobs sheet
AV-8B, Plus, Night Attack. They also include an IFOR bird. My choice then
was easy. These decals are very good to handle, and they are very sharp
printed. It's really an improvement for the otherwise not so accurate
Monogram Harrier. Beside, they deliver you a set for about 5 complete
aircrafts. I heard that Hasegawa will release an AV-8B+ NA Harrier (1/48) in
mid 2003, so I will for sure have use for all the spare decals.

Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 02.jpg here

My AV-8B has repositioned beacon on the top, scratch built antennas and
weapons out of the Hasegawa weapons kit. According to Lance's description,
you have to sand and scribe quite some areas. I have done them all, and now
my Harrier looks close to my reference photos. I also scratch built the
radar antenna in front of the nose wheel. I think it came out quite well.
To detail the Harrier, I also ordered the Eduards AV-8B photo etched parts.
Unfortunately most of the parts (or my parts?) are much too big to use. But
there are some very nice improvements, like the HUD or the canopy handles,
so that you would buy it anyway.

Click on images below to see larger images
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 06.jpg here.
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 06.jpg
 <http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Article-Templates/06.jpg>
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 07.jpg here.
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 07.jpg
 <http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Article-Templates/07.jpg>
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 08.jpg here.
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 08.jpg
 <http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Article-Templates/08.jpg>

Painting was done with JPS, Tamiya, Gunze and Humbrol colours. I wanted to
see if problems arise when I use different brands on the same model. The
answer is: NO! Except that you always need to know witch thinner goes for
witch paint :-)...

The base had to be an aircraft carrier, because my reference photos show the
HMM-264 No 50 on one. I used a black rubber piece, normally used to cover
tables or shelves. The tie down points comes from Flightpath and can be
ordered here: http://www.djparkins.clara.net/fltpath/fpmaster.htm
In the USN Carrier Deck Set are a lot of useful things, if you want to build
a carrier based aircraft. I can recommend it.

That's what I can tell about my Harrier. I hope you enjoy this interesting
bird.

Leander

Click on images below to see larger images
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 09.jpg here.
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 09.jpg
 <http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Article-Templates/09.jpg>
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 10.jpg here.
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 10.jpg
 <http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Article-Templates/10.jpg>
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 11.jpg here.
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 11.jpg
 <http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Article-Templates/11.jpg>
Photos and text (c) 2003 by "Leander Niederhauser"