Subject: Re: Bad to the Bone!!
From: "Steve Bamford ARC" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 11:21:28 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 9:24 AM
Subject: Bad to the Bone!!

> Rockwell B-1B Bomber "Apocalypse"
> made by Fernando Dias (Portuguese modeller)
>
> I intended to use the 1:72 Monogram kit which i had in my collection, and
to build it, i intended to do some modifications.
> In 2002 Tiger Meet at Beja in Portugal, i had the pleasure to see the B-1B
Bomber, and i was inpressive how Big it was.I have spooke with a member of
the crew and he told me some special informations to detail my model.
> The airframe i chose to model was a 128 Bomber Squadron,B-1B 85-0092
"Apocalypse",of the Georgia Air National Guard.
> Where should i begin?...
> Since i decided to turn the monogram prototype kit in a prodution model, i
needed to investigate in the web, what avaiabule to process.
> After that, i removed the optical-turret, cut the original lounge
chairs,and replaced with others made of Evergreen plastic sheet.I added lots
of cockpit framing, boxes, wiring, buttons and more scratch things, based on
web reserch and a litle on make believe.
> i wanted my weapons bay all the way open, so i had to cut and sand to
modified it.
> The interior bomb bay was detailed with Evergreen sheet, wiring and other
things to represent the real.
> I made aerials, vortice generators, etc out of sheet plastic.
> The radar nose, was detailed, and the aceed engine door open.
> My warning, weigth the nose down a real good.To test for center of balance
with the wings fully swept, it makes a big difference.
> For painting i preferred  Tamiya Acrylic paints, XF-53;XF-54 and XF-24.I
made the decals in a jet printer, but the nose nose art, i have painted my
self.
> With the paint and decals complete, a final coat of  Marabu Aqua Mattlack.
> I enjoyedit immensely to built this kit, and it looks very good in my
collletion.
> Thanks to your atention.
>                                         Fernando Dias
>