Subject: Re: Gallery Article - De Havilland Sea Venom FAW-21
From: "Steve Bamford" <[email-masked]>
To: "Aibara Darius @Consult" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 13:59:48 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Aibara Darius @Consult" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2003 1:35 AM
Subject: Gallery Article - De Havilland Sea Venom FAW-21

Gallery Template #04
"1:48 Aeroclub De Havilland Sea venom FAW-21"
by "Darius Aibara"
--------------------
Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 01.jpg here
<<...OLE_Obj...>>
Aeroclub have produced an excellent series of 1:48 mixed media kits of the
De Havilland Vampire and Venom aircraft family and this kit was one I had
always wished to add to my collection of Royal Navy aircraft.  The kit
comprises injection moulded front fuselage halves, tail booms and tailplane
with vac-formed combined rear fuselage and wings split top and bottom.
White metal ejection seats, jet intakes & exhaust, cockpit details, wheel
wells, tailhook, and undercarriage are provided along with two vac- formed
canopies.  The decals provide markings for a Royal Navy and Royal Australian
Navy aircraft.

Click on images below to see larger images
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 03.jpg here.
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 03.jpg
 <<...OLE_Obj...>>   Steve Bamford will insert a
click-able smaller version of photo 04.jpg here. Clicking on that photo will
bring up the full sized version of photo 04.jpg    <<...OLE_Obj...>>
After preparing the vac-formed and injection moulded parts in the
traditional way (wet-n-dry paper on glass) the kit was assembled as per an
injection moulded kit and then primed with grey auto spray acrylic primer.
I wanted to model an FAW-21 that took part in Operation Musketeer in 1956
and so I spray applied Humbrol Trainer Yellow to make the wing and tailboom
"invasion" stripes and then masked the whole stripe area.  Next I applied
Halfords "Appliance White" gloss auto paint which sort of approximates to
the white (as opposed to Sky) underfuselage colour that I wanted, and brush
applied Humbrol extra dark sea grey to the upper wings and fuselage.  I
removed the masks from the wing and tailboom stripes and then re-masked and
brush painted the pairs of black stripes to complete the job.
The kit decals were used in conjunction with additional decals from the
spares box to depict an FAW-21 of 893 Squadron FAA operating from HMS Eagle
in 1956.  There has been some debate as to the colour of the fuselage
flashes, but my references indicate that they were blue rather than yellow.

Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 02.jpg here
<<...OLE_Obj...>>
Photos and text © 2003 by "Darius Aibara"

 <<Sea Venom.zip>>

Darius Aibara
TPS Consult

Tel:  020 8256 4090
Fax: 020 8256 4082

www.tpsconsult.co.uk

**********************************************************************
This email transmission is confidential and intended for the
addressee only. It may contain privileged and confidential
information. If you are not the person or organisation to
whom it is addressed, you must not copy, distribute, or take
any action in reliance upon it. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the
[email-masked] and return it.

Carillion PLC Registered in England No. 3782379
Registered Office:
Birch Street Wolverhampton WV1 4HY
**********************************************************************

________________________________________________________________________
This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The
service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive
anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit:
http://www.star.net.uk
________________________________________________________________________