Subject: Re: Gallery Article - Fairey Firefly AS5
From: "Steve Bamford ARC" <[email-masked]>
To: "Aibara Darius @Consult" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 21:44:34 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Aibara Darius @Consult" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2003 4:28 AM
Subject: Gallery Article - Fairey Firefly AS5

Steve

Gallery Template #06
"1:48 Fairey Firefly AS5"
by "Darius Aibara"
--------------------
Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 01.jpg here
<<...OLE_Obj...>>
A few years ago PP Aeroparts produced a series of vac-formed kits of the
Fairey Firefly - the first being the AS5/6.  The kits were excellent with
fine engraved detail and superb detail parts cast in white metal and resin
and photoetch.  A large decal sheet with full stencil data completed the
kit.  Sadly PP Aeroparts have ceased production but I believe that
Flightpath has produced a version of these kits in resin rather than
vacuform.
The vac-form parts were cleaned, separated and sanded in the time-honoured
way and assembled with the pre-painted detail parts using a combination of
liquid poly and cyano.  The navigators canopy was faired into the fuselage
with filler and this was masked and carefully sanded to get a smooth(ish)
joint.  The model was primed with white acrylic auto spray paint and the
underside and fuselage "sky" areas spray painted with Halfords "Lada White",
which approximates to sky in some lighting conditions.  I brush applied
Humbrol extra dark sea grey to the upper surfaces.

Click on images below to see larger images
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 03.jpg here.
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 03.jpg
 <<...OLE_Obj...>>   Steve Bamford will insert a
click-able smaller version of photo 04.jpg here. Clicking on that photo will
bring up the full sized version of photo 04.jpg    <<...OLE_Obj...>>
I used the kit decals to model an AS5 of 812 Squadron FAA aboard HMS Glory
somewhere off Korea in 1950.

Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 02.jpg here
<<...OLE_Obj...>>
Click on images below to see larger images
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 05.jpg here.
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 05.jpg
 <<...OLE_Obj...>>   Steve Bamford will insert a
click-able smaller version of photo 06.jpg here. Clicking on that photo will
bring up the full sized version of photo 06.jpg    <<...OLE_Obj...>>
Photos and text © 2003 by "Darius Aibara"

 <<Firefly AS5.zip>>

Regards

Darius Aibara
TPS Consult

Tel:  020 8256 4090
Fax: 020 8256 4082

www.tpsconsult.co.uk

CARILLION VALUES
Openness - Collaboration - Mutual Dependency - Professional Delivery - Focus
On Sustainable Profitable Growth - Innovation
**********************************************************************
This email transmission is confidential and intended for the
addressee only. It may contain privileged and confidential
information. If you are not the person or organisation to
whom it is addressed, you must not copy, distribute, or take
any action in reliance upon it. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the
[email-masked] and return it.

Carillion PLC Registered in England No. 3782379
Registered Office:
Birch Street Wolverhampton WV1 4HY
********************************************************************

________________________________________________________________________
This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The
service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive
anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit:
http://www.star.net.uk
________________________________________________________________________