Subject: Re: Gallery Article - Bristol Blenheim IV
From: "Steve Bamford ARC" <[email-masked]>
To: "Aibara Darius @Consult" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 10:58:54 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Aibara Darius @Consult" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2003 1:01 AM
Subject: Gallery Article - Bristol Blenheim IV

Gallery Template #04
"1:48 Bristol Blenheim IV"
by "Darius Aibara"
--------------------
Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 01.jpg here
<<...OLE_Obj...>>
Classic Airframes continue to produce excellent 1:48 scale kits of aircraft
that no other manufacturer will consider - and long may they continue!
Their Blenheim Mks I and IV kits are superb examples but do need some work
to produce a reasonable model.  The Mk IV kit contains limited run injection
moulded fuselage, wings and tail surfaces with resin cockpit, wheel well,
engine and armament details.  The entire front fuselage is moulded in clear
plastic split vertically.  Decals are provided for an RAF or Coastal Command
aircraft.
The injection moulded parts have large sprue attachments that need careful
separation and cleaning and the contact surfaces need to be sanded much like
a vac-form kit before they can be glued together.  The resin wheel wells are
well detailed but do not fit at all into the wings without excessive removal
of resin.  There is no alternative but to sand and test-fit repeatedly until
a reasonable fit is achieved - in my case the well walls were only microns
thick at this stage.
The clear front fuselage parts were masked inside and out with Tamiya
masking tape and the interior brush painted with Humbrol Interior Green
before demasking the interior and carefully glueing the parts together.  The
central triangular windscreen pane is split by the join of the front
fuselage parts and so I filed it away and replaced it with a piece of clear
acetate sheet that used to stiffen shirt collars in a previous life.  The
pre-assembled front and rear fuselage parts were carefully joined around the
completed resin cockpit and some filler was needed to mask the joint.  The
wings are supposed to be butt-jointed to the fuselage, however I added some
plastic strip spars to strengthen the joint.  I dropped the wing flaps and
cut out the port wing lights (which are moulded solid) - adding clear lenses
from the spares box and a clear acetate cover.
Click on images below to see larger images
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 03.jpg here.
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 03.jpg
 <<...OLE_Obj...>>   Steve Bamford will insert a
click-able smaller version of photo 04.jpg here. Clicking on that photo will
bring up the full sized version of photo 04.jpg    <<...OLE_Obj...>>
The model was spray primed with grey auto primer and Humbrol enamel "Sky"
spray applied to the undersurfaces.  I then brush applied Humbrol RAF dark
earth enamel brush applied over the entire upper fuselage.  I masked the
upper camouflage pattern and then spray applied Humbrol dark green enamel to
complete.  I used a combination of the kit decals and spares to model an
aircraft of No. 11o Squadron flying from RAF Wyton in Cambridgeshire in
1940.
Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 02.jpg here
<<...OLE_Obj...>>
Photos and text © 2003 by "your name goes here"

 <<Blenheim IV.zip>>

Regards

Darius Aibara
TPS Consult

Tel:  020 8256 4090
Fax: 020 8256 4082

www.tpsconsult.co.uk

CARILLION VALUES
Openness - Collaboration - Mutual Dependency - Professional Delivery - Focus
On Sustainable Profitable Growth - Innovation
**********************************************************************
This email transmission is confidential and intended for the
addressee only. It may contain privileged and confidential
information. If you are not the person or organisation to
whom it is addressed, you must not copy, distribute, or take
any action in reliance upon it. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the
[email-masked] and return it.

Carillion PLC Registered in England No. 3782379
Registered Office:
Birch Street Wolverhampton WV1 4HY
********************************************************************

________________________________________________________________________
This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The
service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive
anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit:
http://www.star.net.uk
________________________________________________________________________