Subject: Re: Gallery Article - Cessna 150 Aerobat
From: "Steve Bamford ARC" <[email-masked]>
To: "Aibara Darius @Consult" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 17:52:21 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Aibara Darius @Consult" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 4:26 AM
Subject: Gallery Article - Cessna 150 Aerobat

Gallery Template #04
"1:48 Cessna 150 Aerobat"
by "Darius Aibara"
--------------------
Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 01.jpg here
<<...OLE_Obj...>>
Academy has produced a series of 1:48 ish kits of general aviation subjects
including this Cessna 150, which I have been informed is the "Aerobat"
version due to the presence of the cabin top windows.  Judging by the flash
around some of the parts, the kit is quite old, however with careful
preparation of the parts a reasonable job can be made.  The worst offenders
are the engine and cabin glazing - the latter needing several coats of
Johnson's Klear top achieve an acceptable finish.  The engine cowl also
needed some work to get a reasonable fit.  A reasonable interior is provided
including instrument panel seats and yokes.

Click on images below to see larger images
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 03.jpg here.
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 03.jpg
 <<...OLE_Obj...>>   Steve Bamford will insert a
click-able smaller version of photo 04.jpg here. Clicking on that photo will
bring up the full sized version of photo 04.jpg    <<...OLE_Obj...>>
After preparing the parts, I assembled the kit "out of the box".  I fixed
the cabin glazing with crystal klear and then masked it with Tamiya tape.
Due to the presence of a large decal over the tail and rudder, I left off
the tail planes until decaling was completed.  The completed model was
sprayed with grey acrylic primer and then several coats of gloss white auto
paint.  The kit decals were then applied using Micro Sol to soften them
around the compound fuselage and tail rudder curves.  A coat of Johnson's
Klear sealed the decals with no silvering - Hurrah!!

Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 02.jpg here
<<...OLE_Obj...>>
Photos and text © 2003 by "Darius Aibara"

 <<Cessna 150.zip>>

Darius Aibara
TPS Consult

Tel:  020 8256 4090
Fax: 020 8256 4082

www.tpsconsult.co.uk

CARILLION VALUES
Openness - Collaboration - Mutual Dependency - Professional Delivery - Focus
On Sustainable Profitable Growth - Innovation
**********************************************************************
This email transmission is confidential and intended for the
addressee only. It may contain privileged and confidential
information. If you are not the person or organisation to
whom it is addressed, you must not copy, distribute, or take
any action in reliance upon it. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the
[email-masked] and return it.

Carillion PLC Registered in England No. 3782379
Registered Office:
Birch Street Wolverhampton WV1 4HY
********************************************************************

________________________________________________________________________
This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The
service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive
anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit:
http://www.star.net.uk
________________________________________________________________________