Subject: Re: La Bastille, but MIG21 by the way..............
From: "Steve Bamford ARC" <[email-masked]>
To: "Francois Poulic" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 15:43:03 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Francois Poulic" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 3:20 PM
Subject: La Bastille, but MIG21 by the way..............

Hi Steve,

I've just saw your message on the discussion board, requesting French
planes,
or modellers.........well I'm French, from France, that will go back in one
month
living in France (not my choice, my familly and I will loved to stay here 2
years
more) but still in Connecticut right now, so I'm may be out of the category.

I've sent to you an article on a SU27 one week ago.
The sole article about a French plane will be a part one of assembly of a
all folded
wing and probe out Aeronavale Crouze (F8FN), but with that moving it will be
a
chance if the model is finished by December.................

So here is a little article on my fist BareMetalFinish, a MIG21PF, as my
initials.

Warmest regards

Francois Poulic

Gallery Template #05

"1/72 Fujimi MIG21PF Batman"

by "Francois Poulic"
--------------------

Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 01.jpg here

Hi modellers of the world, here is my first attempt of Bare Metal Finish on
a subject I love a lot, the lengendary MIG21.
Here is one of the very early PF version, just after the F13 type, and as
usual I was loocking for something special to do
as at that period, russian deco was very basic, BMF, red stars and a big
number.
Then I found a very impressive decoration in an old ZLINEK publication with
a big bat nose art !

Also, the big "deal" of that version is that kind of "double canopy", very
visible if you let the real canopy open.
So the base of the cockpit is done with an Aeroclub white metal seat, Eduard
panel and a scratch build frame from F117
clear part, very thin Evergreen foil and translucent foil for copier.

Click on images below to see larger images

Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 03.jpg here.
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 03.jpg

  Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 04.jpg
here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo
04.jpg

 Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 05.jpg
here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo
05.jpg

The rest of the assembly and was OOB, apart the airbrakes taken from a KP
(yes the plastic moulder) etched set found in an Tiger Meet open day
at Cambrais, home of Mirage2000.
The aft of these airbrakes was reshaped with some milliput.

The painting was done with Testor Metalizer, without any sealing varnish.I'm
not very happy by the aspect as I find that the difference between
the panel does not look real, too "flat".
The deco is a mixture of recovery from various decals sources, the bat is
hand painted, then a light wash of raw amber was applied, at that time
with a large amount of fear for the survival of the BMF paint, but if doing
it quickly, that is working.

I hope that you've enjoyed that article, but I will like also you to comment
one of my "bad" feeling.......in profil I still find that the model do not
look
as a real MIG21.......too short nose, wings a little to high on the
fuselage.......please let me know !

Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 02.jpg here

Photos and text © 2003 by "Francois Poulic"