Subject: Re: Gallery article
From: James Eden <[email-masked]>
To: "Steve Bamford ARC" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 19:09:05 +1200

Hi Steve,

My apoligies, I forgot to check it before I sent it! The scale is 1/32. 
Quite a large aircraft even for a recon bird.

Thats quite a cool idea. We had something similar done for us when I left 
school last year. Only difference was the number of photos (about 100). 
Congrats for doing it!!

Regards,
James Eden
NZWN

At 06:59 p.m. 17/06/2003, you wrote:
>Hi James,
>Thanks for sending in your Storch article.  Can you tell me what scale 
>this kit is?  That information wasn't included with your article.  I'll 
>e-mail you when it goes on ARC  3 weeks.
>Sorry for not e-mailling sooner......I've been busy as stink the past 3 to 
>4 weeks creating a 630 photo CD Year Book for my youngest daughter's 
>Preschool class.  I now have most of this week to focus on ARC....next 
>week I have to finish the last half of the CD Year Book for my older 
>daughter's Grade One Class.  These CD Year Books are quite neat....they 
>are basically a website on a CD that have articles with lots of pictures 
>about class events and fieldtrips by the kids.  I'm making one copy of the 
>CD Yearbook for each kid in the class.  There were 60 Preschool kids (3 
>different classes) and 25 or so Grade one kids.  Lots of memories.
>
>Steve Bamford
>Aircraft Resource Center
><http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com>http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com
>
>Live like there is no tomorrow;
>Love like you have never been hurt; and
>Dance like no one is watching!
>
>
>----- Original Message -----
>From: <mailto:[email-masked]>James Eden
>To: <mailto:[email-masked]>[email-masked]
>Sent: Saturday, June 14, 2003 6:23 PM
>Subject: Gallery article
>
>Gallery Template #09
>
>"Scale and type of kit go here"
>
>by "your name goes here"
>--------------------
>Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 01.jpg here
>e47128.jpg
>
>The Fieseler Fi 156 Storch has some of the most advanced aerodynamics for 
>an aircraft ever produced. Recognized by some as being the first Short 
>Take Off and Landing (STOL) aircraft, with the right headwind, it could 
>take off in a very short space, and land in the same length from the tip 
>of the left wing to the tip of the right wing. These remarkable 
>characteristics made it very successful in not just a reconnaissance 
>aircraft, but also a rescue craft.
>I built this Revell kit pretty much OOB with the exception of a couple of 
>control wires inside the cockpit linking the throttles to the engine. 
>Personally, I found the detail excellent. Very nicely raised rivets and 
>beautiful engine detail made me decide to leave off one of the engine 
>maintenance panels so that one can look inside the bay. The inverted Argus 
>engine makes a very attractive piece to look into when looking at it from 
>head on.
>
>Click on images below to see larger images
>Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 03.jpg 
>here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of 
>photo 03.jpg
>
><http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Article-Templates/03.jpg>e47156.jpg
>  Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 04.jpg 
> here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of 
> photo 04.jpg
>
><http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Article-Templates/04.jpg>e47159.jpg
>Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 05.jpg 
>here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of 
>photo 05.jpg
>
><http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Article-Templates/05.jpg>e4715c.jpg
>
>The kit went together very nicely, with only minimal filler needed on the 
>underside of the fuselage and some trimming needed to get the rudder to 
>fit snuggly with the other half of the fuselage.
>Painting the kit with Tamiya acrylics, I first applied a coat of olive 
>drab then used cotton balls to give a mottled african camouflage effect 
>when painting an overcoat of desert yellow mixed with some flat-flesh. 
>This didn't work at all, so I resorted to using an old brush and jabbing 
>at the aircraft to give it a fairly nice looking effect. I have seen 3 
>different african paint schemes on the Storch, so I improvised somewhat 
>and made my own.
>
>Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 02.jpg here
>e47160.jpg
>
>The decals went on nice and smooth, and after applying some Micro-sol, 
>settled nicely over the raised detail.
>The weathering was kept to a minimal amount, and I only added some pastel 
>dust to the underside and wheel spars in order to give it a desert dust 
>feeling, and some exhaust stains. A coat of Tamiya clear was given to seal 
>it, and I ended up with fogged windows because of forgetting to mask! 
>However, I found that by dipping a cotton-bud into some thinner and 
>brushing it in a circular motion on the windows gives a nice effect of a 
>dusty windows that has been cleaned in some parts only.
>
>Click on images below to see larger images
>Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 06.jpg 
>here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of 
>photo 06.jpg
>
><http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Article-Templates/06.jpg>e47166.jpg
>Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 07.jpg 
>here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of 
>photo 07.jpg
>
><http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Article-Templates/07.jpg>e47169.jpg
>
>This was my first kit I have actually completed after a couple of years of 
>on again, off again modeling. I am pleased with the result and still 
>learning a whole lot. My local hobbystore over here in New Zealand has 
>been very helpful in providing me with some reference books and 
>information about some confusing instruction details. This is one kit that 
>I will be picking up again if I see it!
>
>Click on images below to see larger images
>Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 08.jpg 
>here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of 
>photo 08.jpg
>
><http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Article-Templates/08.jpg>e4716d.jpg
>Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 09.jpg 
>here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of 
>photo 09.jpg
>
><http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Article-Templates/09.jpg>e47171.jpg
>
>Photos and text © 2003 by "your name goes here"
>