Subject: Entry for Totally Incorrect Paint contest.
From: "Said" <[email-masked]>
To: "Steve Bamford" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 00:04:37 -0400

This one was done just for fun! And I had a good time with it. I'll
build some real Fishbeds at some point you'll see. 2 emails of pictures
being sent separate.
Said
 
Gallery Template #06
"1/48 Academy MiG21Bis, Gee Bee Racer" 
by "Said <mailto:[email-masked]> "
--------------------

Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 01.jpg here 

This is Wile E. Coyote's Racer. The story goes that his help was
requested by the US Armed forces to create a missile defense system that
basically could be "a bullet that could shoot another bullet in mid
air". After doing research and many late nights, he devised a missile
that was capable of shooting down another missile in mid air. It proved
to be very effective and he was thanked for it with any war trophy he
would choose.
He elected one of the many MiG21Bis that were still air worthy at the
end of the war. He decided he was going to transform it into a racer, a
Gee Bee Racer.

Click on images below to see larger images

Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 03.jpg
here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of
photo 03.jpg 
 <http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Article-Templates/03.jpg> 
 Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 04.jpg
here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of
photo 04.jpg 
 <http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Article-Templates/04.jpg> 
First off it had to be visible, and flashy, and classy. So he went home
and devised a scheme that would look like his beloved Chevy 55'. He then
got hold of pictures taken at a photo booth at a mall, and after scaling
them up to size, he plastered his picture on the tail of his jet.
Inadvertently, while was airbrushing the coat of blue, a bird landed on
the side and ended up being printed as a dove shape on the starboard
side of the hump (actually this was a coincidence, I did not notice it
until I was taking pictures today). Now he is ready to chase that Road
Runner through the Nevada desert. Or simply partaking on air shows
around Toon Land.

Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 02.jpg here 

The kit is the superb Academy MiG21Bis (ACA 2117), Pavla Models resin
cockpit, scratch built detail added to the cockpit glass to simulate the
rod to keep the cockpit open, glass latches and other. Decals came from
the stash, from an old Mono F16A that had a wolf that could pass for a
Coyote. The kit is wonderful as is the cockpit. I'll be getting another
Fishbed at some point and making a serious build. I had a lot of fun on
this silly build, it really was a blast!

Click on images below to see larger images

Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 05.jpg
here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of
photo 05.jpg 
 <http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Article-Templates/05.jpg> 
 Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 06.jpg
here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of
photo 06.jpg 
 <http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Article-Templates/06.jpg> 
Photos and text C 2003 by "Said"

Said AKA Bobby
The Mexican Shark
 
<http://65.54.246.250/cgi-bin/linkrd?_lang=EN&lah=fb222fb9d9ed118065408e
703696eaa5&lat=1046597477&hm___action=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2egeocities%2ecom
%2fsadesa%2fEl_Sharko%2ehtml>
http://www.geocities.com/sadesa/El_Sharko.html