Subject: Re: Gallery Article - RAF Hawk T1A
From: "Steve Bamford ARC" <[email-masked]>
To: "Aibara Darius @Consult" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 22:35:54 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Aibara Darius @Consult" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2003 10:08 AM
Subject: Gallery Article - RAF Hawk T1A

Steve

Gallery Template #05
"1:48 Premier RAF Hawk T Mk1A"
by "Darius Aibara"
--------------------
Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 01.jpg here
<<...OLE_Obj...>>
This is the 1:48 Scale Premier kit of the RAF Hawk trainer.  These kits are
now out of production and until this year's Airfix releases appear are the
only game in town for a quarter scale Hawk.   Two kits were produced: the
trainer version and a Red Arrows bird that was moulded in red plastic.  I
built this model using the trainer kit as a basis, with additional resin MB
Mk10 seats from Paragon, an Airwaves etched brass detail set and an Aeroclub
white metal undercarriage set.  The kit fuselage is moulded in six pieces -
three per side!  This makes for some careful construction and plenty of
filler.  The panel lines are best described as "gouged" rather than engraved
but can be toned down by some gentle sanding.  The canopy parts are nice and
the decal sheet is excellent.

Click on images below to see larger images
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 03.jpg here.
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 03.jpg
 <<...OLE_Obj...>>   Steve Bamford will insert a
click-able smaller version of photo 04.jpg here. Clicking on that photo will
bring up the full sized version of photo 04.jpg    <<...OLE_Obj...>>
 Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of
photo 05.jpg here. Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized
version of photo 05.jpg    <<...OLE_Obj...>>  
I finished the model to represent a T Mk1A of No. 74(R) Squadron RAF based
at RAF Valley in Anglesey circa 1995.  I brush painted the grey fuselage
tones using Humbrol enamels and sprayed the tail black.  The decals are a
mix of the kit items and spare No. 74 Sqn Tiger markings from an Airfix
Lightning kit.
Roll on Airfix with their 1:48 Hawks so that I can add to the Squadron
complement!
Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 02.jpg here
<<...OLE_Obj...>>
Photos and text © 2003 by "Darius Aibara"

 <<Hawk T1A.zip>>

Darius Aibara
TPS Consult

Tel:  020 8256 4090
Fax: 020 8256 4082

www.tpsconsult.co.uk

CARILLION VALUES
Openness - Collaboration - Mutual Dependency - Professional Delivery - Focus
On Sustainable Profitable Growth - Innovation
**********************************************************************
This email transmission is confidential and intended for the
addressee only. It may contain privileged and confidential
information. If you are not the person or organisation to
whom it is addressed, you must not copy, distribute, or take
any action in reliance upon it. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the
[email-masked] and return it.

Carillion PLC Registered in England No. 3782379
Registered Office:
Birch Street Wolverhampton WV1 4HY
********************************************************************

________________________________________________________________________
This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The
service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive
anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit:
http://www.star.net.uk
________________________________________________________________________