Subject: Re: Gallery Article - F104G
From: "Steve Bamford ARC" <[email-masked]>
To: "Aibara Darius @Consult" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 13:30:44 -0700

Steve Bamford
Aircraft Resource Center
http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com

Live like there is no tomorrow;
Love like you have never been hurt; and
Dance like no one is watching!

----- Original Message -----
From: Aibara Darius @Consult <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 9:55 AM
Subject: Gallery Article - F104G

Gallery Template #05
"1:48 Monogram F104G Starfighter"
by "Darius Aibara"
--------------------
Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 01.jpg here
<<...OLE_Obj...>>
The Monogram 1:48 kits are inexpensive yet well detailed kits and their
Century Series (which are being progressively re-issued by Revell) were/are
good examples.  This is the F104G as flown by the German Navy Air Arm
(Marineflieger) before they started flying Tornados.  The kit was moulded in
yellow plastic with decals for a specially marked German AF machine with a
large black crow (or raven or something) on the fuselage.   I had always
admired the silver and grey scheme of the Marineflieger and so I decided to
build the aircraft in that scheme.

Click on images below to see larger images
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 03.jpg here.
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 03.jpg
 <<...OLE_Obj...>>   Steve Bamford will insert a
click-able smaller version of photo 04.jpg here. Clicking on that photo will
bring up the full sized version of photo 04.jpg    <<...OLE_Obj...>>
 Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of
photo 05.jpg here. Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized
version of photo 05.jpg    <<...OLE_Obj...>>  
Assembly was "out of the box" with grey auto primer used to eliminate the
yellow plastic finish.  I used Xtracolour paints for the silver and Baltic
Grey scheme and the Marinefliegergeschwader 2 (MFG2) decals came from an
Italeri Tornado kit and the spares box.  The Hasegawa F104 series is now
with us but for sheer good value you can't beat Monogram.
Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 02.jpg here
<<...OLE_Obj...>>
Photos and text © 2003 by "Darius Aibara"

 <<F104G.zip>>
Regards

Darius Aibara
TPS Consult

Tel:  020 8256 4090
Fax: 020 8256 4082

www.tpsconsult.co.uk

CARILLION VALUES
Openness - Collaboration - Mutual Dependency - Professional Delivery - Focus
On Sustainable Profitable Growth - Innovation
**********************************************************************
This email transmission is confidential and intended for the
addressee only. It may contain privileged and confidential
information. If you are not the person or organisation to
whom it is addressed, you must not copy, distribute, or take
any action in reliance upon it. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the
[email-masked] and return it.

Carillion PLC Registered in England No. 3782379
Registered Office:
Birch Street Wolverhampton WV1 4HY
********************************************************************

________________________________________________________________________
This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The
service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive
anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit:
http://www.star.net.uk
________________________________________________________________________