Subject: Re: Gallery Article - Mirage V BR
From: "Steve Bamford ARC" <[email-masked]>
To: "Aibara Darius @Consult" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 13:33:54 -0700

Steve Bamford
Aircraft Resource Center
http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com

Live like there is no tomorrow;
Love like you have never been hurt; and
Dance like no one is watching!

----- Original Message -----
From: Aibara Darius @Consult <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 10:06 AM
Subject: Gallery Article - Mirage V BR

Gallery Template #04
"1:48 Academy Mirage V BR"
by "Darius Aibara"
--------------------
Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 01.jpg here
<<...OLE_Obj...>>
This is the Academy Mirage III recce kit converted to a Mirage V BR using a
large knife and excellent decals produced by Daco of Belgium for the
"Mephisto" Mirage V BR of No.42 Squadron Belgian AF circa 1990.  I replaced
the kit cockpit and ejection seat with spares box parts and used Halfords
satin black spray paint for the base colour.
Click on images below to see larger images
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 03.jpg here.
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 03.jpg
 <<...OLE_Obj...>>   Steve Bamford will insert a
click-able smaller version of photo 04.jpg here. Clicking on that photo will
bring up the full sized version of photo 04.jpg    <<...OLE_Obj...>>
The wing and tail "flame" decals are required to be folded about the leading
edges, however being laminated from several colours these decals are quite
thick and resisted the placing process, despite the use of copious
quantities of Micro Sol and Set.  I eventually used diluted white glue to
progressively secure these decals, followed by several coats of Johnson's
Klear varnish.  Colour profiles of this aircraft are illustrated in the
Aerospace "Encyclopaedia of Military Aircraft".
Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 02.jpg here
<<...OLE_Obj...>>
Photos and text © 2003 by "Darius Aibara"

 <<MirageV BR.zip>>

Regards

Darius Aibara
TPS Consult

Tel:  020 8256 4090
Fax: 020 8256 4082

www.tpsconsult.co.uk

CARILLION VALUES
Openness - Collaboration - Mutual Dependency - Professional Delivery - Focus
On Sustainable Profitable Growth - Innovation
**********************************************************************
This email transmission is confidential and intended for the
addressee only. It may contain privileged and confidential
information. If you are not the person or organisation to
whom it is addressed, you must not copy, distribute, or take
any action in reliance upon it. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the
[email-masked] and return it.

Carillion PLC Registered in England No. 3782379
Registered Office:
Birch Street Wolverhampton WV1 4HY
********************************************************************

________________________________________________________________________
This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The
service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive
anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit:
http://www.star.net.uk
________________________________________________________________________