Subject: Re: Gallery Article - A26C Invader
From: "Steve Bamford ARC" <[email-masked]>
To: "Aibara Darius @Consult" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 10:22:37 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Aibara Darius @Consult" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2003 12:26 AM
Subject: Gallery Article - A26C Invader

Steve

One more for the pending stack...

Gallery Template #05
"1:48 Monogram A26-C Invader"
by "Darius Aibara"
--------------------
Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 01.jpg here
<<...OLE_Obj...>>
I saw this kit advertised in Fine Scale Modeller shortly before its release
and it was a stunner in its gloss black finish.  Upon release I obtained the
kit from the local model aerodrome and set to work.  The kit was built out
of the box with the addition of some True Details resin wheels.  I also
added throttle controls to the cockpit using spare plastic rod etc. and cut
out and replaced the forward access hatch with one made from plastic card.
The model is a real tail sitter and with a glass nose the addition of
compensatory weights could be difficult.  Fortunately the engines are
sufficiently forward of the C of G to enable enough weight to be sandwiched
between the engine back and the wing.
Click on images below to see larger images
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 03.jpg here.
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 03.jpg
 <<...OLE_Obj...>>   Steve Bamford will insert a
click-able smaller version of photo 04.jpg here. Clicking on that photo will
bring up the full sized version of photo 04.jpg    <<...OLE_Obj...>>
 Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of
photo 05.jpg here. Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized
version of photo 05.jpg    <<...OLE_Obj...>>  
I chose to model an all-black Invader of the 34th BS/17th BW USAF which was
based at Pusan Air Base, Korea in 1952 using the kit decals.  The model was
primed using Halfords grey spray acrylic paint and then given a couple of
coats of Halfords satin black spray paint.  Following decaling, a coat of
satin varnish was applied to dull down the finish.  Photos of Korean War
Invaders showed there to be heavy weathering around the engine nacelles and
so I tried to replicate this by dry brushing various shades of grey and dark
brown.  Fuse wire aerials were added to finish the job.
Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 02.jpg here
<<...OLE_Obj...>>
Photos and text © 2003 by "Darius Aibara"

 <<A26 Invader.zip>>
Regards

Darius Aibara
TPS Consult

Tel:  020 8256 4090
Fax: 020 8256 4082

www.tpsconsult.co.uk

CARILLION VALUES
Openness - Collaboration - Mutual Dependency - Professional Delivery - Focus
On Sustainable Profitable Growth - Innovation
**********************************************************************
This email transmission is confidential and intended for the
addressee only. It may contain privileged and confidential
information. If you are not the person or organisation to
whom it is addressed, you must not copy, distribute, or take
any action in reliance upon it. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the
[email-masked] and return it.

Carillion PLC Registered in England No. 3782379
Registered Office:
Birch Street Wolverhampton WV1 4HY
********************************************************************

________________________________________________________________________
This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The
service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive
anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit:
http://www.star.net.uk
________________________________________________________________________