Subject: Re: Gallery Article - RN Corsair IV
From: "Steve Bamford ARC" <[email-masked]>
To: "Aibara Darius @Consult" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 13:38:54 -0700

Hi Darius,
Thanks for sending in your RN Corsair article.  I'll add this one to them
line-up.

Steve Bamford
Aircraft Resource Center
http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com

Live like there is no tomorrow;
Love like you have never been hurt; and
Dance like no one is watching!

----- Original Message -----
From: Aibara Darius @Consult <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 10:19 AM
Subject: Gallery Article - RN Corsair IV

Gallery Template #04
"1:48 Hobbycraft Royal Navy Corsair IV"
by "Darius Aibara"
--------------------
Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 01.jpg here
<<...OLE_Obj...>>
This is the Hobbycraft "Commonwealth Corsair" kit built as a Royal Navy
Corsair IV of 1850 Squadron FAA aboard HMS Vengeance in 1945.  Hobbycraft
kits are not bad but their plastic tends to be quite brittle and their
decals are somewhat minimal.  On the whole though their kits are good value
- especially if you get them second-hand with a True Details resin cockpit
set in the box!  The kit also comes with separate flaps, which saves hours
of cutting and filling.

Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 02.jpg here
<<...OLE_Obj...>>

Click on images below to see larger images
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 03.jpg here.
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 03.jpg
 <<...OLE_Obj...>>   Steve Bamford will insert a
click-able smaller version of photo 04.jpg here. Clicking on that photo will
bring up the full sized version of photo 04.jpg    <<...OLE_Obj...>>
I first  painted and assembled the resin cockpit and inserted it between the
fuselage halves using cyano glue to fix it in place.  The rest of the kit
was assembled as per the instructions and primed with Halfords grey spray
paint.  I brush applied Humbrol sea blue and signal yellow enamels.  The
decals are a mixture of the kit decals and "roundels" that came from an RN
Pacific set that was issued with a copy of Fine Scale Modeller some years
ago.
Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 02.jpg here
<<...OLE_Obj...>>
Photos and text © 2003 by "Darius Aibara"
 <<RN Corsair IV.zip>>
Regards

Darius Aibara
TPS Consult

Tel:  020 8256 4090
Fax: 020 8256 4082

www.tpsconsult.co.uk

CARILLION VALUES
Openness - Collaboration - Mutual Dependency - Professional Delivery - Focus
On Sustainable Profitable Growth - Innovation
**********************************************************************
This email transmission is confidential and intended for the
addressee only. It may contain privileged and confidential
information. If you are not the person or organisation to
whom it is addressed, you must not copy, distribute, or take
any action in reliance upon it. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the
[email-masked] and return it.

Carillion PLC Registered in England No. 3782379
Registered Office:
Birch Street Wolverhampton WV1 4HY
********************************************************************

________________________________________________________________________
This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The
service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive
anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit:
http://www.star.net.uk
________________________________________________________________________