Subject: Re: Gallery Article - Sukhoi SU 37
From: "Steve Bamford ARC" <[email-masked]>
To: "Aibara Darius @Consult" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 21:42:48 -0700

Steve Bamford
Aircraft Resource Center
http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com

Live like there is no tomorrow;
Love like you have never been hurt; and
Dance like no one is watching!

----- Original Message -----
From: Aibara Darius @Consult <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, August 30, 2003 12:55 AM
Subject: Gallery Article - Sukhoi SU 37

Steve

One more for the pending stack

Gallery Template #06
"1:48 Sukhoi Su 37"
by "Darius Aibara"
--------------------
Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 01.jpg here
<<...OLE_Obj...>>
This is, I believe, a Chinese kit marketed under a brand name which escapes
me (not Trumpeter).  The kit was/is relatively inexpensive (compared to the
Academy Flanker kits) and on opening the box the sprue layouts and parts
breakdown bore an uncanny resemblance to those of the Academy kit.  Modified
engine exhausts are provided to represent (not very well) the thrust
vectoring attribute of the SU 37 as well as parts for the canard foreplanes,
modified fin tops and a small but nice decal sheet.
Click on images below to see larger images
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 03.jpg here.
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 03.jpg
 <<...OLE_Obj...>>   Steve Bamford will insert a
click-able smaller version of photo 04.jpg here. Clicking on that photo will
bring up the full sized version of photo 04.jpg    <<...OLE_Obj...>>
The detail is softer than that of the Academy Flanker but not too bad. Parts
fit is another story, however, with some serious sanding and filling (and
vice versa) required, especially on the engine trunking.  The canard
modifications are supposed to be butt-jointed to the fuselage chine edge,
which needs to be "flattened" to accept the new parts with any degree of
strength.  The same is required for the fin top mods and as with the canards
some filler is needed to blend in the new parts.
Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 02.jpg here
<<...OLE_Obj...>>
Once assembled the model was primed using acrylic spray auto primer and
brush painted with Humbrol enamels using pictures of the full size aircraft
obtained from the internet - I may have got the red-brown colour too red
(judging by other SU 37 models that I have seen).  The kit nose is fairly
"prominent" (putting it mildly) and appears to be less pointed than that of
the real aircraft.  If a spare nose cone comes along this kit may be getting
a nose-job.

Click on images below to see larger images
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 05.jpg here.
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 05.jpg
 <<...OLE_Obj...>>   Steve Bamford will insert a
click-able smaller version of photo 06.jpg here. Clicking on that photo will
bring up the full sized version of photo 06.jpg    <<...OLE_Obj...>>
Photos and text © 2003 by "Darius Aibara"

 <<SU37.zip>>
Regards

Darius Aibara
TPS Consult

Tel:  020 8256 4090
Fax: 020 8256 4082

www.tpsconsult.co.uk

CARILLION VALUES
Openness - Collaboration - Mutual Dependency - Professional Delivery - Focus
On Sustainable Profitable Growth - Innovation
**********************************************************************
This email transmission is confidential and intended for the
addressee only. It may contain privileged and confidential
information. If you are not the person or organisation to
whom it is addressed, you must not copy, distribute, or take
any action in reliance upon it. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the
[email-masked] and return it.

Carillion PLC Registered in England No. 3782379
Registered Office:
Birch Street Wolverhampton WV1 4HY
********************************************************************

________________________________________________________________________
This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The
service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive
anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit:
http://www.star.net.uk
________________________________________________________________________