Subject: Re: Gallery Article - Sea harrier FRS1
From: "Steve Bamford ARC" <[email-masked]>
To: "Aibara Darius @Consult" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 17:49:15 -0700

Hi Darius,
Thanks for sending in your Sea Harrier article.  I'll add it to the line-up

Steve Bamford
Aircraft Resource Center
http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com

Live like there is no tomorrow;
Love like you have never been hurt; and
Dance like no one is watching!

----- Original Message -----
From: Aibara Darius @Consult <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 5:38 AM
Subject: Gallery Article - Sea harrier FRS1

Gallery Template #04
"1:48 Tamiya Sea Harrier FRS1"
by "Darius Aibara"
--------------------
Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 01.jpg here
<<...OLE_Obj...>>
This is the Tamiya kit modified with the Flightpath etched brass detail set
and an Aeroclub white metal ejection seat.  The Tamiya kit is not bad but
has poor cockpit and basic engine nozzle and fuselage grille detail that the
Flightpath set improves.  You also get the triangular vortex generators in
etched brass to replace the "bricks" that Tamiya have moulded to the wing
tops.  The kit was assembled as per the Tamiya/Flightpath instructions.  I
shaved off Tamiya's vortex bricks and replaced them with the individual
brass elements - you get several spares and they are needed - I am still
finding the ones that "pinged" away.   The engine intake flaps were also cut
away from the kit parts and replaced with the brass details.
Click on images below to see larger images
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 03.jpg here.
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 03.jpg
 <<...OLE_Obj...>>   Steve Bamford will insert a
click-able smaller version of photo 04.jpg here. Clicking on that photo will
bring up the full sized version of photo 04.jpg    <<...OLE_Obj...>>
After priming with auto acrylic spray paint I brush painted Humbrol dark sea
grey with some patches in modified shades to represent a slightly worn
aircraft.  I had always liked the 899 NAS 50th anniversary scheme and had
tried to represent the markings using the "mailed fist" decals provided with
the kit.  When Airfix re-released the Sea Harrier last year to commemorate
Operation Corporate they provided decals for this scheme, which I used to
replace my earlier efforts.
Now I have an Airfix Sea Harrier FRS1 to build!  Any suggestions?
Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 02.jpg here
<<...OLE_Obj...>>
Photos and text © 2003 by "Darius Aibara"

 <<Sea Harrier FRS1.zip>>

Darius Aibara
TPS Consult

Tel:  020 8256 4090
Fax: 020 8256 4082

www.tpsconsult.co.uk

CARILLION VALUES
Openness - Collaboration - Mutual Dependency - Professional Delivery - Focus
On Sustainable Profitable Growth - Innovation
**********************************************************************
This email transmission is confidential and intended for the
addressee only. It may contain privileged and confidential
information. If you are not the person or organisation to
whom it is addressed, you must not copy, distribute, or take
any action in reliance upon it. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the
[email-masked] and return it.

Carillion PLC Registered in England No. 3782379
Registered Office:
Birch Street Wolverhampton WV1 4HY
********************************************************************

________________________________________________________________________
This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The
service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive
anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit:
http://www.star.net.uk
________________________________________________________________________