Subject: Re: Italian D.520
From: "Steve Bamford ARC" <[email-masked]>
To: "Randy Lutz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 16:04:46 -0700

Steve Bamford
Aircraft Resource Center
http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com

Live like there is no tomorrow;
Love like you have never been hurt; and
Dance like no one is watching!

----- Original Message -----
From: Randy Lutz <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2003 11:54 AM
Subject: Italian D.520

Hi Steve,

This is the Tamiya 1/48 kit basically out of the box, save the addition of
photo-etched seat belts.  This kit is an absolute joy to build and aside
from the radiator being a little too squarish, it is very faithful to the
original.

I elected to build this one in Italian markings and represents what I
believe to be the machine flown by Tenenete Corsi, of the 161 Gruppo
Autonomo Caccia Terrestre, based at Villanova d'Albenga, Italy, during
September 1943.

It is finished in Gris Bleu Foncé, Kaki and Ombre Calcinée over Gris Bleu
Clair.  The previous French Vichy markings have been overpainted in dark and
medium grey and weathered with chalk pastels.  The white "20" with black
shading is from an old Letraset sheet.