Subject: RE: Gallery Article - RN Skyraider AEW4
From: "Aibara Darius @Consult" <[email-masked]>
To: 'Steve Bamford ARC' <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 07:24:33 +0100

Steve

Apologies for the typo in the title - should read Royal Navy "Skyraider" not
"Sykraider".

Darius

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Bamford ARC [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: 16 Sep 2003 18:52
To: Aibara Darius @Consult
Subject: Re: Gallery Article - RN Skyraider AEW4

Thanks Darius.

Steve Bamford
Aircraft Resource Center
http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com

Live like there is no tomorrow;
Love like you have never been hurt; and
Dance like no one is watching!

----- Original Message -----
From: Aibara Darius @Consult <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2003 10:38 AM
Subject: Gallery Article - RN Skyraider AEW4

Steve - one more for the pile...
Gallery Template #04
"1:48 Royal Navy Sykraider AEW4"
by "Darius Aibara"
--------------------
Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 01.jpg here
<<...OLE_Obj...>>
Some years ago AMT/ERTL brought out a series of 1:48 scale ex-Esci kits of
various subjects including the Airborne Early Warning (AEW) radar equipped
Douglas Skyraider.  The kit came with decals for a US Marine Corps AD4-W
aircraft and a Royal Navy AEW-4 as used by 849 Squadron FAA aboard HMS Eagle
during Operation Musketeer in 1956 (aka Suez).
Click on images below to see larger images
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 03.jpg here.
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 03.jpg
 <<...OLE_Obj...>>   Steve Bamford will insert a
click-able smaller version of photo 04.jpg here. Clicking on that photo will
bring up the full sized version of photo 04.jpg    <<...OLE_Obj...>>
The kit was built up as per the instructions, however I decided to fold the
wings using steel wire for rigidity and plastic card for the details.
Conveniently (for me) the Skyraider wing fold has a cover, which I
replicated using paper painted black and marked with a pencil.  After auto
spray priming I painted the yellow Operation Musketeer wing and fuselage
bands and then brush applied overall sea blue using Humbrol Enamels.  The
black stripes were added using thin black decal strips for the edges,
filling in the gaps with brushed on black enamel paint. A coat of clear
acrylic varnish and you cannot see the join!

Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 02.jpg here
<<...OLE_Obj...>>
Photos and text © 2003 by "Darius Aibara"

 <<Skyraider AEW4.zip>>

Darius Aibara
TPS Consult

Tel:  020 8256 4090
Fax: 020 8256 4082

www.tpsconsult.co.uk

CARILLION VALUES
Openness - Collaboration - Mutual Dependency - Professional Delivery - Focus
On Sustainable Profitable Growth - Innovation
**********************************************************************
This email transmission is confidential and intended for the
addressee only. It may contain privileged and confidential
information. If you are not the person or organisation to
whom it is addressed, you must not copy, distribute, or take
any action in reliance upon it. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the
[email-masked] and return it.

Carillion PLC Registered in England No. 3782379
Registered Office:
Birch Street Wolverhampton WV1 4HY
********************************************************************

________________________________________________________________________
This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The
service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive
anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit:
http://www.star.net.uk
________________________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________________________
This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The
service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive
anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit:
http://www.star.net.uk
________________________________________________________________________

CARILLION VALUES
Openness - Collaboration - Mutual Dependency - Professional Delivery - Focus On Sustainable Profitable Growth - Innovation
**********************************************************************
This email transmission is confidential and intended for the
addressee only. It may contain privileged and confidential
information. If you are not the person or organisation to
whom it is addressed, you must not copy, distribute, or take
any action in reliance upon it. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the
[email-masked] and return it.

Carillion PLC Registered in England No. 3782379
Registered Office:
Birch Street Wolverhampton WV1 4HY
********************************************************************

________________________________________________________________________
This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The
service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive
anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit:
http://www.star.net.uk
________________________________________________________________________