Subject: Re: Gallery Article - A1E Skyraider
From: "Steve Bamford ARC" <[email-masked]>
To: "Aibara Darius @Consult" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 09:30:27 -0700

Steve Bamford
Aircraft Resource Center
http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com

Live like there is no tomorrow;
Love like you've never been hurt.
Work like you don't need the money.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Sing like nobody's listening.
Live like it's Heaven on Earth.

----- Original Message -----
From: Aibara Darius @Consult <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2003 11:57 PM
Subject: Gallery Article - A1E Skyraider

Gallery Template #04
"1:48 Matchbox A1E Skyraider"
by "Darius Aibara"
--------------------
Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 01.jpg here
<<...OLE_Obj...>>
The 1:48 Matchbox range, although limited, did provide some US Navy aircraft
not kitted (until recently) by other manufacturers.  These included the
Kaman Seasprite, NA Fury and the A1E Skyraider.
In common with their other kits this one is moulded in different colours of
plastic with some recessed panel lines but with minimal detail in the
cockpit and undercarriage bays.  This was one of the earlier kits that I
built and so it originally suffered from a poor paint job (no primer used in
those days) and silvered decals.  An article in FSM about the first tour of
the USS Enterprise in 1962 showed photos and artwork of VA(AW)-33 A1E's with
painted over rear canopies and a column of stars on the rudder.  I decided
that my A1E was due for a major overhaul and duly modified my earlier
efforts.  The kit decals that I had used were for VA(AW)-33 (without the
tail colour) and so I carefully painted over the silvered decal areas of the
unit markings, and the rear canopy.

Click on images below to see larger images
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 03.jpg here.
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 03.jpg
 <<...OLE_Obj...>>   Steve Bamford will insert a
click-able smaller version of photo 04.jpg here. Clicking on that photo will
bring up the full sized version of photo 04.jpg    <<...OLE_Obj...>>
I used spare decals from a Monogram F8E for the rudder stars with other
letters and numbers coming from the spares box.  I added detail to the main
gear legs using spare bits and plastic stock.   An overall coat of satin
varnish sealed in the decals.  Exhaust stains were added using drafting ink
smeared with a tissue wad.

Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 02.jpg here
<<...OLE_Obj...>>
Photos and text © 2003 by "Darius Aibara"

 <<A1E Skyraider.zip>>

Darius Aibara
TPS Consult

Tel:  020 8256 4090
Fax: 020 8256 4082

www.tpsconsult.co.uk

CARILLION VALUES
Openness - Collaboration - Mutual Dependency - Professional Delivery - Focus
On Sustainable Profitable Growth - Innovation
**********************************************************************
This email transmission is confidential and intended for the
addressee only. It may contain privileged and confidential
information. If you are not the person or organisation to
whom it is addressed, you must not copy, distribute, or take
any action in reliance upon it. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the
[email-masked] and return it.

Carillion PLC Registered in England No. 3782379
Registered Office:
Birch Street Wolverhampton WV1 4HY
********************************************************************

________________________________________________________________________
This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The
service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive
anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit:
http://www.star.net.uk
________________________________________________________________________