Subject: Re: Gallery Article - Hawker Seahawk FGA-4
From: "Steve Bamford ARC" <[email-masked]>
To: "Aibara Darius @Consult" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 01:33:16 -0800

Steve Bamford
Aircraft Resource Center
http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com

Live like there is no tomorrow;
Love like you've never been hurt.
Work like you don't need the money.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Sing like nobody's listening.
Live like it's Heaven on Earth.

----- Original Message -----
From: Aibara Darius @Consult <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2003 11:59 PM
Subject: Gallery Article - Hawker Seahawk FGA-4

Steve

Another one for the pending list:

Gallery Template #04
"1:48 Falcon Hawker Seahawk FGA-4"
by "Darius Aibara"
--------------------
Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 01.jpg here
<<...OLE_Obj...>>
Along with Dynavector, Falcon of New Zealand produce some of the finest
vac-formed kits around and their kit of the Hawker Seahawk is no exception.
Well detailed fuselage/wings, cockpit tub, and intake trunking are moulded
in relatively thin plastic with white metal undercarriage, ejection seat and
tailhook parts.  Two vac-formed canopies and a reasonable decal sheet
complete the components.
I separated the vac parts from the backing sheets and sanded them using
wet-n-dry paper over a glass sheet (in my case an old refrigerator shelf).
The parts fit together quite well but filler was needed around the joints.
Spares box plastic tubing was used to represent the jet exhausts.
Click on images below to see larger images
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 03.jpg here.
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 03.jpg
 <<...OLE_Obj...>>   Steve Bamford will insert a
click-able smaller version of photo 04.jpg here. Clicking on that photo will
bring up the full sized version of photo 04.jpg    <<...OLE_Obj...>>
After priming I sprayed the kit undersides Halfords "Lada White" which sort
of approximates to the sky finish and then brush painted the extra dark sea
grey upper surface colour.  The Falcon decals were used to represent an
FGA-4 of 806 Sqn FAA aboard HMS Albion in 1959.
Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 02.jpg here
<<...OLE_Obj...>>
Photos and text © 2003 by "Darius Aibara"

 <<Hawker Seahawk FGA4.zip>>

Darius Aibara
TPS Consult

Tel:  020 8256 4090
Fax: 020 8256 4082

www.tpsconsult.co.uk

CARILLION VALUES
Openness - Collaboration - Mutual Dependency - Professional Delivery - Focus
On Sustainable Profitable Growth - Innovation
**********************************************************************
This email transmission is confidential and intended for the
addressee only. It may contain privileged and confidential
information. If you are not the person or organisation to
whom it is addressed, you must not copy, distribute, or take
any action in reliance upon it. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the
[email-masked] and return it.

Carillion PLC Registered in England No. 3782379
Registered Office:
Birch Street Wolverhampton WV1 4HY
********************************************************************

________________________________________________________________________
This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The
service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive
anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit:
http://www.star.net.uk
________________________________________________________________________