Subject: Re: Gallery Article - Sukhoi Su15TM
From: "Steve Bamford ARC" <[email-masked]>
To: "Aibara Darius @Consult" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 10:51:03 -0800

Steve Bamford
Aircraft Resource Center
http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com

Live like there is no tomorrow;
Love like you've never been hurt.
Work like you don't need the money.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Sing like nobody's listening.
Live like it's Heaven on Earth.

----- Original Message -----
From: Aibara Darius @Consult <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 4:29 AM
Subject: Gallery Article - Sukhoi Su15TM

Steve - another one for the pending pile.
Gallery Template #07
"1:48 Trumpeter Su 15 TM 'Flagon F'"
by "Darius Aibara"
--------------------
Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 01.jpg here
<<...OLE_Obj...>>
This kit has been residing woefully incomplete on my workbench for about six
months, however in a burst of enthusiasm I completed it in in the last two
weeks!  The Trumpeter kit itself has been previously described on ARC and is
reasonably well detailed apart from the nose profile.  I used the Eduard
photoetched detail set for cockpit and airframe details but omitted their
photoetched airbrakes as being too much hard work for something that looks
OK as moulded by Trumpeter.
Once the fuselage was assembled I operated on the nose using Jan Mikes
excellent Su15 article in the ARC gallery as  a reference.  I also extended
the nose gear leg to give the correct looking stance to the aircraft.   The
nose job complete I spray-primed the model with grey auto primer and then
prepared for the bare metal finish.
Click on images below to see larger images
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 03.jpg here.
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 03.jpg
 <<...OLE_Obj...>>   Steve Bamford will insert a
click-able smaller version of photo 04.jpg here. Clicking on that photo will
bring up the full sized version of photo 04.jpg    <<...OLE_Obj...>>
With a bare metal finish after priming I mask off particular panels and then
apply a few coats of silver metallic spray paint (in this case Halfords
Nissan Silver).  I then remove the masking tape, which leaves the grey
panels showing through, and brush paint Humbrol Metalcote onto small access
panels etc.  Finally I polish the whole fuselage with SNJ polishing powder.
The three paint finishes (grey primer, silver and Metalcote) polish up to
different shades and reflectance.  The jet pipes and pen-nib tail were
painted gunmetal and polished with SNJ powder to give a darker finish.

Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 02.jpg here
<<...OLE_Obj...>>
For something to do I articulated the nose cone attachment using steel pin
reinforcement, which enables the cone to be pulled forward and then pivoted
to the right to reveal the radar unit within.  The radar unit and mounting
was also articulated enabling it to be pointed into the radome as it closes.
I used the kit decals for the ubiquitous and iniquitous Red 17.
Click on images below to see larger images
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 05.jpg here.
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 05.jpg
 <<...OLE_Obj...>>   Steve Bamford will insert a
click-able smaller version of photo 06.jpg here. Clicking on that photo will
bring up the full sized version of photo 06.jpg    <<...OLE_Obj...>>
 Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of
photo 07.jpg here. Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized
version of photo 07.jpg    <<...OLE_Obj...>>  
Photos and text © 2003 by "Darius Aibara"

 <<Sukhoi Su15TM.zip>>
Regards

Darius Aibara
TPS Consult

Tel:  020 8256 4090
Fax: 020 8256 4082

www.tpsconsult.co.uk

CARILLION VALUES
Openness - Collaboration - Mutual Dependency - Professional Delivery - Focus
On Sustainable Profitable Growth - Innovation
**********************************************************************
This email transmission is confidential and intended for the
addressee only. It may contain privileged and confidential
information. If you are not the person or organisation to
whom it is addressed, you must not copy, distribute, or take
any action in reliance upon it. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the
[email-masked] and return it.

Carillion PLC Registered in England No. 3782379
Registered Office:
Birch Street Wolverhampton WV1 4HY
********************************************************************

________________________________________________________________________
This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The
service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive
anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit:
http://www.star.net.uk
________________________________________________________________________