The basis of this
model is the Monogram kit and the C & H conversion. For reasons one
can only speculate about, the resin front end is an inch too long, with the
error spread throughout. Bad enough, except it also effects the shape of
To correct the
length problem I removed a 3/4 in section and reshaped the the tip of the nose,
removing another 1/4 in. in the process. I used a straightedge to ensure
good alignment reattaching the front end.
I had to make a new
canopy to fit the modified nose. ON the right is my rendition of the
clamshell piece, on the left the C & H piece. The real airplane had no
raised framing, but significant internal frames. What showed across the
top and around the edges was a fibreglass seal INSIDE the canopy. The
vortex generators were individually bent bits of lead foil.
The 460th tail badge
was a dry transfer supplied by the gentleman that commissioned the model.
Eagle Strike has
since done the 460th markings (48-140)...though their tiger badge lacks
56-2352 as she appears today