Subject: Re: Tamiya F-84G
From: "Submissions for ARC" <[email-masked]>
To: "Leslie Choy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 23:25:47 -0800

Hi,
I just wanted to let you know your article went on ARC today.  Thanks again for sending it in.

Steve Bamford
Aircraft Resource Center
http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com

Live like there is no tomorrow;
Love like you've never been hurt.
Work like you don't need the money.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Sing like nobody's listening.
Live like it's Heaven on Earth.

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Leslie Choy 
  To: [email-masked] 
  Sent: Sunday, December 02, 2007 3:07 AM
  Subject: Tamiya F-84G

    Hi Steve,

  This is my latest submission to the ARC. Will be submitting atleast one more before Christmas.

  Cheers
  Leslie

  "1/48 Tamiya F-84G

  Thunderjet" 

  by "Leslie Choy"
  --------------------

        Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 01.jpg here  

  I've addded Cutting Edge F-84 E/G Early Ejection Seat (CEC 48151), Cutting Edge Decal CEC 48107 which I've chosen " RICEPADDY RANGER" of 8th FBS and Aires F-84G Gunbay (4084) to this kit. A few rounds of the 0.5 cal (Teknics TK48061 .5 cal ammo belt)into the breech of the guns for some added effects.

  Ejection seat oxygen & anti-g hoses together with wirings under the canopy hood using various sizes of fuse wires.

  Click on images below to see larger images

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 03.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 03.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 04.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 04.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 05.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 05.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 06.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 06.jpg 

  For the finishing, I use kitchen aluminum foil with Micro Metal Foil Adhesive. Using an article in (Published by FineScale Modeler) Modeler's Guide To Realistic Painting & Finishing of this subject as guide. I stick the pieces of aluminium foil panel by panel. One large foil over the surface when I can, however this process may wrinkle the foil easily if not too careful but I'm able to cover a larger area faster. The most challenging portion is the wing fillet and the tip tanks. Kitchen foil is not so malleable, it rips easily at sharp corners or when is overstretched over odd surface shapes. 

  The fit of the kit parts were good, I can afford to foil the wings, tip tanks and the horizontal stabiliser seperately.

  I did not use Cutting Edge's tail fin yellow/black stripe decal, the colours was sprayed on using masking. A note of caution here, as masking tapes used can lift off  the aluminium panels, extreme care must be exercised. Gunze OD was used for anti-glare panel and areas behind the cockpit. I gloss coat the model with Future for decalling, the kit's aircraft stencils was used. After a final coat of Future to seal the decal, Humbrol Dull coat was apply on some areas. 

  Some light sanding on the tail fin and OD surfaces to depict some surface chip off which the effect came out very realistic.

          
        Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 02.jpg here  

  I mounted this project on Eduard's Perforated Steel Plates Model Display Base and added some wires to the aircraft boarding ladder. I entered this project at the local Tamiya con '07 held back in August and got the grand winner in the aircraft catagory and also best of show.

  Click on images below to see larger images

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 07.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 07.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 08.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 08.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 09.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 09.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 10.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 10.jpg 

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 11.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 11.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 12.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 12.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 13.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 13.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 14.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 14.jpg 

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 15.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 15.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 16.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 16.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 17.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 17.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 18.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 018.jpg 

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 19.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 19.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 20.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 20.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 21.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 21.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 22.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 22.jpg 

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 23.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 23.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 24.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 24.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 25.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 25.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 26.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 26.jpg 

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 27.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 27.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 28.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 28.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 29.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 29.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 30.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 30.jpg 

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 31.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 31.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 32.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 32.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 33.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 33.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 34.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 34.jpg 

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 35.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 35.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 36.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 36.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 37.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 37.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 38.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 38.jpg 

  Photos and text © by "Leslie Choy"