Subject: Re: Hobbycraft 1/72 CH113A Labrador
From: "Submissions for ARC" <[email-masked]>
To: "D. Derks" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 00:36:59 -0800

Hi,
I just wanted to let you know your article went on ARC today.  Thanks again for sending it in.

Steve Bamford
Aircraft Resource Center
http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com

Live like there is no tomorrow;
Love like you've never been hurt.
Work like you don't need the money.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Sing like nobody's listening.
Live like it's Heaven on Earth.

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: D. Derks 
  To: [email-masked] 
  Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2007 12:18 PM
  Subject: Hobbycraft 1/72 CH113A Labrador 

  Gallery Template #05

  "1/72 Hobbycraft CH113A Labrador" 

  by "Derek Derks"
  --------------------

        Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 01.jpg here  

  History:
  Between 1962 and 1967 the Canadian Ministry of Defence acquired 18medium weight tandem rotor helicopters used primarily for search and rescue (SAR) operations. (Total prize: 25.500.000 USD) The twin gas turbine engine multi-purpose helicopter is suitable for take-off under minimum IFR conditions. Besides the SAR mission it performed medical evacuations (MEDECAC), training, passenger transport and transport missions.
  Most famous rescue mission was performed on the 3rd of October. The Dutch luxury liner "Prinsendam", on fire and positioned 170 miles out, in the frigid waters of the Gulf of Alaska signalled an SOS. It had left Vancouver three days earlier with 510 souls on board. Amongst the passengers also some German. 
  This large American-Canadian rescue effort resulted in all passengers safe and well. To be mentioned here is the use of the supertanker "Williamsburg" as a floating landing platform. The supertanker crew and rescue crewmembers did sterling service
  In 2002 the helicopters were replaced by the Cormoran. The helicopters were for sale for USD 158.300 a piece.

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 03.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 03.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 04.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 04.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 05.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 05.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 06.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 06.jpg 

  The Model:
  Years ago I selected the Hobbycraft 1/72 model. I think the boxart made me buy it. To complete the model I acquired Belcher Bits decals and the Eduard cockpit set . Paints came from Xtra color and the bright red was from Testors.
  Construction was, with the exception of the cockpitglass no problems. Most difficult was the "paint" job. Especially the red band over the side of the helicopter. Yellow is already difficult to spray on primer, but red on yellow is a challenge. The cockpit glass was taped for many times to get everything covered in a nice rescue yellow color.
  The paintjob finished I tackled the decals. With micro set and sol the decals were put in place. The lightning bolt was cut into pieces to cover the open hatch on the starboard side.
  Own construction:
  Searchlight
  Sight mounted HF antenna
  Landing lights /anti collision lights
  Crash Transmitting Locators
  Rotating rescue hoist complete (From Micron Masking Tape 4mm /  Hobby Link Japan)
  Next project:
  The Lockheed Neptune from the Dutch Naval Air Arm.

  Pictures were taken with a simple Ricoh Caplio 28mm wide zoom lens.

          
        Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 02.jpg here  

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 07.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 07.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 08.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 08.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 09.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 09.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 10.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 10.jpg 

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 11.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 11.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 12.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 12.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 13.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 13.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 14.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 14.jpg 

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 15.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 15.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 16.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 16.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 17.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 17.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 18.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 018.jpg 

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 19.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 19.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 20.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 20.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 21.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 21.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 22.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 22.jpg 

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 23.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 23.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 24.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 24.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 25.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 25.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 26.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 26.jpg 

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 27.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 27.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 28.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 28.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 29.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 29.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 30.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 30.jpg 

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 31.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 31.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 32.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 32.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 33.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 33.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 34.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 34.jpg 

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 35.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 35.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 36.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 36.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 37.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 37.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 38.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 38.jpg 

  Photos and text © by "your name goes here"