Subject: Re: Italeri 1/72 Heinkel He-111Z
From: "Submissions for ARC" <[email-masked]>
To: "Bob Bartolacci" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 14:50:25 -0800

Hi,
I just wanted to let you know your article went on ARC today.  Thanks again for sending it in.

Steve Bamford
Aircraft Resource Center
http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com

Live like there is no tomorrow;
Love like you've never been hurt.
Work like you don't need the money.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Sing like nobody's listening.
Live like it's Heaven on Earth.

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Bob Bartolacci 
  To: [email-masked] 
  Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2007 1:10 PM
  Subject: Italeri 1/72 Heinkel He-111Z

  Gallery Template #05

  "Italeri 1/72 Heinkel He-111Z" 

  by "Bob Bartolacci"
  --------------------

        Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 01.jpg here  

  The Heinkel 111Z came about as one solution to the need for towing the massive Messerschmidt Me-321 Assault Gliders to their destinations. The task was originally assigned to multiple Messerschmidt Me-110 twin engine fighters. Due to the problems of having multiple twin engined aircraft towing a huge glider this proved impractical.

  The Heinkel Company came up with an imaginative solution with the Heinkel He-111Z, or Zwilling, for twin. Two standard Heinkel 111 bombers were modified by removing the outer right wing from one and the outer left wing from the other. These were joined by a straight chord section mounting an additional engine. This aircraft proved up to the task. The original Z-1 aircraft was the glider tow, while there were discussions about creating the Z-2 to perhaps fill the need for a long range bomber.

  Only a relative few of the 111Z-1 were built, most being expended on the Russian front in efforts to resupply different German pockets such as at Stalingrad. The Me-321's were eventually supplanted by the six engined Me-323.

  Click on images below to see larger images

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 03.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 03.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 04.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 04.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 05.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 05.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 06.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 06.jpg 

  Italeri has had the He-111Z, the Me-321, and the Me-323 kits in their 1/72 catalog for quite some time now. The Zwilling is basically two of their He-111 kits with the necessary conversion parts included as well as different decals. The kit in the article is built strictly out of the box, and is intended to hang in a local hobby shop posed towing an Me-321 Gigant. Hopefully there will be another article about the Gigant and photos of the two hanging at the shop.  Then maybe a Bf-109 or two...

        Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 02.jpg here  

  The fit of the model is comparable to it's vintage. The wing fit to the fuselages takes some work, and the drop tanks under the fuselages need a lot of work to smoothly fit in. Transparencies are nice especially after a dip in Future. The one omission that I have been researching for when the time comes is the complete lack of towing fittings or diagrams. Anyone with a set of good drawings will earn my gratitude if they can help out, as well as Jerry & Barb at JBAR Hobbies in Tecumseh, MI!!!

  The finished product looks like a Zwilling, and with a Gigant in tow it should make quite a display :-)

  Click on images below to see larger images

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 07.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 07.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 08.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 08.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 09.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 09.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 10.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 10.jpg 

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 11.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 11.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 12.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 12.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 13.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 13.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 14.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 14.jpg 

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 15.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 15.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 16.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 16.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 17.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 17.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 18.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 018.jpg 

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 19.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 19.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 20.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 20.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 21.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 21.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 22.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 22.jpg 

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 23.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 23.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 24.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 24.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 25.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 25.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 26.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 26.jpg 

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 27.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 27.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 28.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 28.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 29.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 29.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 30.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 30.jpg 

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 31.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 31.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 32.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 32.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 33.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 33.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 34.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 34.jpg 

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 35.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 35.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 36.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 36.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 37.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 37.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 38.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 38.jpg 

  Photos and text © by "your name goes here"

  "There are no great men.
  There are only great challenges
  that ordinary men are forced by
  circumstances to meet."
   
   Admiral William "Bull" Halsey

   www.bobscorner.com