Subject: Re: free French hurricane Mk II C Trop.
From: "Submissions for ARC" <[email-masked]>
To: "BEAUVAIS Laurent" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 23:43:38 -0800

Hi,
I just wanted to let you know your article went on ARC today.  Thanks again for sending it in.

Steve Bamford
Aircraft Resource Center
http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com

Live like there is no tomorrow;
Love like you've never been hurt.
Work like you don't need the money.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Sing like nobody's listening.
Live like it's Heaven on Earth.

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: BEAUVAIS Laurent 
  To: [email-masked] 
  Sent: Monday, December 17, 2007 2:34 PM
  Subject: free French hurricane Mk II C Trop.

  "Free French Hurricane Mk II C Trop." 

  "1:48 th Scale Hasegawa" 

  by "Laurent "Angus" Beauvais"
  --------------------

        Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 01.jpg here 

  Back again with my personal SIG: non French aircraft in French markings, with a focus on the Free French. This time the classic Hawker Hurricane, a plane that I didn't found wonderfull before starting that superb Hasegawa kit, highly recommanded.

  The FAFL (Free France Air Force) regiment Alsace wnet in Egypt in 1942 and was equipped with Hurricane Mk I in English colors, awaiting for Mk II. Those aircrafts arrived in August 1942 and where send back to the 417 squadron on September the 6th.

  Aircraft Z4615 was dedicated to high altitude interception and was equipped with only 4 machine guns.

  My intention was to mount this kit from the box, but finaly I did change some few thinks.

  ·        Image 01 and 02: Hasegawa cockpit is very good, just add seat belts (aluminium tape), a cushion (eraser) and paint it.

  ·        Image 03: Exhaust pipes are hollowed

  ·        Image 04: landing gear is sufficient, no need to enhance it 

  Click on images below to see larger images

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 03.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 03.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 04.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 04.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 05.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 05.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 06.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 06.jpg 

   

        Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 02.jpg here 

  ·        Image 05: Elevators are cut and positioned to make something more realistic, more alive

  ·        Image 06: origin transparent part, even if they are very good, are too thick, in particular if you want to open the canopy

  ·        Image 07: so new parts are thermoformed

  ·        Image 08: and canopy frame is realized with aluminium tape

  ·        Image 09: Consequently, the 1mm step in the rear of the canopy has to be filled, it's not here on the real aircraft.

  ·        Image 10: Wing light is detailed and its glass thermoformed

  ·        Image 11: Marching is thinned and a handle is added

  ·        Image 12: Front oil protection ring is removed and recreated to have a L shape

  Regarding the paint technic, the French Hurricane were old RAF Hurricanes, so not brand new ones. I decided to practice a weathering based on the pastel powder technic

  ·        Image 13: First paint the aircraft in the standard color : Azur Blur below (personal mixture), Middle stone (Tamiya XF60) and Dark earth (tamiya XF52) above. When finishing each color, I had some white I and spray the center of each panel

  ·        Image 14: Then I spray again slightly the normal color to soften the effect

  ·        Image 15: The result is a paint scheme with some effects, but it still looks flat

  ·        Image 16: At this stage, I decided to paint the main insignas to have a darker, a good wite and to be sure that I would have no problem with positioning the decals on the shapes of the Hurricane.

  ·        Image 17: Now it's polishing time, either with a very soft sand paper of simply with a toilet paper. Here it's polished on the right side only. 

  ·        Image 18: Then with a brush I put brown pastel powder on the engaving lines

  ·        Image 19: and with a (clean, it's better) toilet paper I wipe it.

  ·        Image 20 and 21:  Same thing with blank pastel powder in the center of the panels.

  Then you have to:

    a.. Spray a gloss varnish 
    b.. Put the last decals 
    c.. Put a dark brown juice in the engraving lines and make dirty the inferior surfaces and in particulary the engine 
    d.. Spray a matt varnisk 
  That's it, hope you like it.

  Click on images below to see larger images

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 07.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 07.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 08.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 08.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 09.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 09.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 10.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 10.jpg 

   

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 11.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 11.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 12.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 12.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 13.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 13.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 14.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 14.jpg 

   

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 15.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 15.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 16.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 16.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 17.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 17.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 18.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 018.jpg 

   

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 19.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 19.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 20.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 20.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 21.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 21.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 22.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 22.jpg 

   

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 23.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 23.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 24.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 24.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 25.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 25.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 26.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 26.jpg 

   

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 27.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 27.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 28.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 28.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 29.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 29.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 30.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 30.jpg 

  Photos and text © by "Laurent "Angus" beauvais"