Subject: Re: Article - Bf-109 F4 - Juan Manuel Villegas Castro from Spain
From: "Submissions for ARC" <[email-masked]>
To: Juan Villegas - Caldeys Ibérica Refractarios <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 14:37:06 -0800

Hi,
I just wanted to let you know your article went on ARC today.  Thanks again for sending it in.

Steve Bamford
Aircraft Resource Center
http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com

Live like there is no tomorrow;
Love like you've never been hurt.
Work like you don't need the money.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Sing like nobody's listening.
Live like it's Heaven on Earth.

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Juan Villegas - Caldeys Ibérica Refractarios 
  To: [email-masked] 
  Sent: Friday, January 11, 2008 7:19 AM
  Subject: Article - Bf-109 F4 - Juan Manuel Villegas Castro from Spain

  Dear Sir,

  First, excuse my bad english. This is my article about one of my last aircraft model. I hope all is correct, if you have any question you can reply this email in office time or write to my personal email [email-masked] .

  Many thanks for your attention and for your great website.

  Best regards

  Juan Manuel Villegas Castro, Asturias (Spain).

  "1/48 Bf-109 F4 Winter scheme" 

  by "Juan Manuel Villegas Castro"
  --------------------

        Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 01.jpg here  

  The kit is the Hasegawa´s Bf-109 F4 in 1/48 scale, with a few modifications in the radiator intakes, seatbelts and the hidraulic lines in the landing gear struts. Ailerons, rudder and elevators were cutted off and replaced with spare resin parts from a Verlinden kit.

  Overall painting was done without painting the original camouflage first (as is usually), just a pre-shading whit black over the panel lines and the white paint over it.

  Once the paint is dry I decolored the white color using oil colors first and Vallejo acrylic colors later over the panel lines, stripping off the white paint in the areas where I think the ground crew work in the manteinance of the aircraft.

  Undersurfaces, cockpit and other pieces were painted in the usual luftwaffe colors. All colors are from Tamiya acrylic paints, except Oil colours and Vallejo acrylics.

  Last step was done with a colour pencil, riveting the upper surfaces with a grey color.

  Click on images below to see larger images

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 03.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 03.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 04.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 04.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 05.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 05.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 06.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 06.jpg 

   

          
        Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 02.jpg here  

  Decals came from the kit, except the black eigths, painted using masks, cutted from tamiya masking tape.

  Finally I built a little snowed terrain with two figures from a Verlinden manteinance crew, one work table  and three barrels from Verlinden too.

  Hope you like it!.

  Click on images below to see larger images

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 07.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 07.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 08.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 08.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 09.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 09.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 10.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 10.jpg 

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 11.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 11.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 12.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 12.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 13.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 13.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 14.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 14.jpg 

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 15.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 15.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 16.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 16.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 17.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 17.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 18.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 018.jpg 

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 19.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 19.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 20.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 20.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 21.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 21.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 22.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 22.jpg 

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 23.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 23.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 24.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 24.jpg 

  Photos and text © by "Juan Manuel Villegas Castro"