Subject: Re: Academy 1:48 UKR Su-27 Flanker
From: "Submissions for ARC" <[email-masked]>
To: "George Gochaleishvili" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 23:26:30 -0800

Hi,
I just wanted to let you know your article went on ARC today.  Thanks again for sending it in.

Steve Bamford
Aircraft Resource Center
http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com

Live like there is no tomorrow;
Love like you've never been hurt.
Work like you don't need the money.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Sing like nobody's listening.
Live like it's Heaven on Earth.

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: George Gochaleishvili 
  To: [email-masked] 
  Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 4:39 AM
  Subject: Academy 1:48 UKR Su-27 Flanker

  Gallery Template #05

  Academy 1:48 UKR Su-27 Flanker, 

  by George Gochaleishvili
  --------------------

        Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 01.jpg here  

  This is my only flanker model, that I have built last year (too lazy to write article) :) Will' state only most interesting parts of building followed by photos.

  Aftermarket parts used: Neomega resin cockpit set, Linden Hill decals (Flankers on patrol 3). 

  I start by building cockpit, as usual. Cockpit details are painted with tiny brush over airbrushed background, then drybrushed. Academy has very poor detailed gear bays and some wiring were added around there, also along gears themselves (see photos below). 

  Click on images below to see larger images

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 03.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 03.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 04.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 04.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 05.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 05.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 06.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 06.jpg 

          
        Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 02.jpg here  

  Due to LH decals, I purchased, didn't have blue Ukrainian side numbers, I had to paint them by myself. I masked decal and airbrushed over... that's it, looks good I think. Weathering performed by rust oil paints - now it looks more natural :)

  Click on images below to see larger images

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 07.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 07.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 08.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 08.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 09.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 09.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 10.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 10.jpg 

  In overall, I had a great time building this, my first Flanker. Especially I loved Ukrainian AF color scheme. 

  Click on images below to see larger images

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 11.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 11.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 12.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 12.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 13.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 13.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 14.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 14.jpg 

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 15.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 15.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 16.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 16.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 17.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 17.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 18.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 018.jpg 

  ... and did I mention, this bird looks beautiful on my shelf :)

        Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 19.jpg here  

  Photos and text © by George Gochaleishvili