Subject: Re: Scratch-built 1/72 Ireland Privateer P-2
From: "Submissions for ARC" <[email-masked]>
To: "claudio luchina" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 18:20:50 -0800

Hi,
I just wanted to let you know your article went on ARC today.  Thanks again for sending it in.

Steve Bamford
Aircraft Resource Center
http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com

Live like there is no tomorrow;
Love like you've never been hurt.
Work like you don't need the money.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Sing like nobody's listening.
Live like it's Heaven on Earth.

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: claudio luchina 
  To: [email-masked] 
  Sent: Friday, January 18, 2008 11:10 AM
  Subject: Scratch-built 1/72 Ireland Privateer P-2

  Gallery Template #05

  "Scratch-built 1/72 Ireland Privateer P-2" 

  by "Gabriel Stern"
  --------------------

        Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 01.jpg here  

  ".Privateer, lowest priced amphibian of the world!" 
  That's what the advertisement stated in the early 30's. They also added that was so easy to fly that even people like me could do it. 
  I had to try it. I took-off from the dinner table -wife not at home at the time- making the appropriate sound, flew around the living room and alighted in the bathtub, first tucking the wheels under the wings, of course. 
  They were right. Even I could fly it. 

  Click on images below to see larger images

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 03.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 03.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 04.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 04.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 05.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 05.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 06.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 06.jpg 

  The extraordinary gentlemen at the Wings of Peace forum and especially Jon Noble were instrumental regarding the info needed to scratch this glamorous amphibian. 
  At the moment of choosing the livery for the model the "Turret cigarettes" one resulted particularly appealing. 
  By this time you probably know what I use and what I do -I still don't- so I'll let the images speak, but I wanted to tell you that I found a new way -at least for me-  of making wing sponsons and teardrop navigation lights, for which I feel unreasonably happy. The sponsons are a continuous sheet (rounded at the nose, glued together flat a the tail) with an inserted piece to make for the "bow". Epoxy was used to contour the bottom, filling the space. The nav lights are shaped thin wire carefully coated with white glue, twice. Once dry the rear part of them was painted, leaving the front clear "lens" untouched. Wheels, engine -Warner Scarab- and prop are from Aeroclub Models. The engine cowl ring was made of two laminations of styrene sheet on a tube of adequate diameter, streamlined once dry. Everything else came from the Scratchland offices of the Winged Elf Works. 

        Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 02.jpg here  

  A small number of planes were built; the one portrayed here had Canadian registration. It could carry two people at a moderate speed for a moderate distance for a moderate price. All very moderate, but the bathtub-cum-spider web design is really beautiful. Ready for a splash?

  Click on images below to see larger images

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 07.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 07.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 08.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 08.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 09.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 09.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 10.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 10.jpg 

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 11.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 11.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 12.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 12.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 13.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 13.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 14.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 14.jpg 

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 15.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 15.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 16.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 16.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 17.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 17.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 18.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 018.jpg 

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 19.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 19.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 20.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 20.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 21.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 21.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 22.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 22.jpg 

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 23.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 23.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 24.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 24.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 25.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 25.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 26.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 26.jpg 

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 27.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 27.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 28.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 28.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 29.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 29.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 30.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 30.jpg 

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 31.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 31.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 32.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 32.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 33.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 33.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 34.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 34.jpg 

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 35.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 35.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 36.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 36.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 37.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 37.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 38.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 38.jpg 

  Photos and text © by "Gabriel Stern"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------