Subject: Re: Edy Ong's 1/48 ROCAF Collection - Part 7
From: "Submissions for ARC" <[email-masked]>
To: "Edy Ong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 18:29:46 -0700

Hi,
I just wanted to let you know your article went on ARC today.  Thanks again for sending it in.

Steve Bamford
Aircraft Resource Center
http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com

Live like there is no tomorrow;
Love like you've never been hurt.
Work like you don't need the money.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Sing like nobody's listening.
Live like it's Heaven on Earth.

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Edy Ong 
  To: [email-masked] 
  Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 10:29 PM
  Subject: Edy Ong's 1/48 ROCAF Collection - Part 7

  "Edy Ong's 1/48 ROCAF Collection - Part 7" 

  by Rico "Forge" Maula
  --------------------

        Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 01.jpg here  

  First up is Testor F-5A Freedom Figther. Panel lines were scribed using the drawings from the Squdron/Signal book. Decals from the kit with the nose and tail design painted on. Weapons are from Hasegawa and gears frpm Monogram. The cockpit and seats was scracthbuilt base again from the squadron book. The nose antenna broke off during the photo shoot and we were able to find it.                                   

  Click on images below to see larger images

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 03.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 03.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 04.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 04.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 05.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 05.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 06.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 06.jpg 

          
        Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 02.jpg here  

  Next is Monogram's F-5E Tiger II modified into RF-5E TigerEye using Bunrindo's book. The airframe was scribed based on drawings provided. This time, I used a Black Box cockpit to improve Monogram's. The nose area in front of gun compartment was scratchbuilt. Sidewinders are from Hasegawa. The aft vents were opened and details added so that it doesn't look empty using Verlinden's Lock On book. The decals are custom made using a computer and inkjet decal paper.

  Click on images below to see larger images

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 07.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 07.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 08.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 08.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 09.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 09.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 10.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 10.jpg 

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 11.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 11.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 12.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 12.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 13.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 13.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 14.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 14.jpg 

    

        Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 3.jpg here  

  Then we have F-5E Tiger II from Monogram withe Cutting Edge's Tigershark nose and LEX updates. Cockpit by Black Box. Pilot figure, Sidewinders and Mavericks are from Haesegawa with Maverick's launch rails being scratchbuilt. Drop tanks are from the F-5E kit by Kiddyland. Then we have another two Monogram kit. These two kits were done during the early 1990s. Both panel lines are scribe and one having an open gun comprtment base on Hasegawa's 1/32 scale F-5E kit. The actual gun was taken a Monogram F-100D kit with rest being scratchbuilt. Decals of all three are a combination of kit decals and AFV club.

  Click on images below to see larger images

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 15.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 15.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 16.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 16.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 17.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 18.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 18.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 19.jpg 

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 20.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 20.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 21.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 21.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 22.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 22.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 23.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 23.jpg 

   
        Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 24.jpg here  

  Three  Monogram's F-5F sporting three camo schemes. Again all three have scribed panel lines with BMF having open aft vent . Decals for the grey scheme are custom made while the BMF and SEA camo are from Kiddyland kits. Weapons are from Hasegawa.
  Click on images below to see larger images 
        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 25.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 25.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 26.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 26.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 27.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 27.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 28.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 28.jpg 

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 29.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 29.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 30.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 30.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 31.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 31.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 32.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 32.jpg 

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 33.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 33.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 34.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 34.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 35.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 35.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 37.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 37.jpg 

        Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 36.jpg here  

  Last but not the least is Sword's T-38 Talon. Lots of problem with this kit, so I only corrected the panel lines and front are in front of the windshield. Decals are from kit, sparebox and sustom made.
  Click on images below to see larger images
        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 38.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 38.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 39.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 39.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 40.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 40.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 41.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 41.jpg 

  Photos and text © by Rico "Forge" Maula

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.