Subject: Westland Sea King Mk.41 Germany Marines
From: jan harms <[email-masked]>
To: Steve Bamford <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 12:51:33 +0200

Hello Steve ! How are You ? Hope , you have made a good deal with this 
oldtimer car, maybe you show us some pics of it . Today i will send you 
some of my projekt, finishd in Okt.2007. It is an Westland Seaking Mk.41 
Helicopter, based on the Hasegawa Sikorsky SH - 61Helicopter scale 1:48. 
I use the Flightpast Conversion Kit RAF Sea King HAR. 3/3a . Inside are 
allmost the parts, what you need for building the German version of the 
Mk.41 helicopter . The decals an the radom are comming from the german 
conversion kit builder HaHen, who has in his programm alot of other 
decals and resinparts for building german AC`s, even also in special 
paitings of modern times AC?s past WW2. The modifikations are to replace 
the fuil filling hose beneeth the door, to build int the bubble windows 
both sides of the body, to close tthe first window by the left side, 
replace it behind the second window. Then you have to cover the sonar 
hole. Next step , you have to cut the horizontal stablisator and to make 
bubble on the left side of the engins gear box.All the modificactions 
for antennas are inside of the FP Conversion kit . By the HaHen 
(www.hahen.de) decals is also a resin part vor building the new actual 
radardome used by the german marines. Only a small missing by the decals 
is, there not all the stencils which are use by the Mk.41 helicopter. 
The time for building this helicopter needs the time for almost a half 
year, but ihave lot of fun oft this and it is avery unique model. 
Regards and greetings from Germany The pics will follow soon Jan Harms