Subject: Re: my submission
From: "Submissions for ARC" <[email-masked]>
To: "Dennis Djou" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 23:23:18 -0700

Hi,
I just wanted to let you know your article went on ARC today.  Thanks again 
for sending it in.

Steve Bamford
Aircraft Resource Center
http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com

Live like there is no tomorrow;
Love like you've never been hurt.
Work like you don't need the money.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Sing like nobody's listening.
Live like it's Heaven on Earth.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Dennis Djou" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2008 2:29 PM
Subject: my submission

Gallery Template #05

"1:48 Hasegawa F-18F"

by "Dennis Djou"
--------------------

Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 01.jpg here

This is my Super Bug, just complete..  It is built strictly out of the box 
with decals from Twobobs.  It is far from flawless and won't win any 
competitions, but it was fun to build.  Or rather it is fun to look back on 
and satisfying to have completed.  I used the now standard preshading 
technique for painting, but instead of hitting each panel line with black, I 
just coated the whole plane in dark gray.  Then hit each panel with the 
primary color.  The tightness of the shading depends upon how close I get to 
the panel lines.  The more messy and uneven the color, the better it looks. 
The "in progress" picture shows where I stopped with the shading, just 
before I started blending.  Blending is just opening up the nozzle on my air 
brush and start laying down more of the the primary color.  I finish it all 
off with some more of the primary color lighted a little with the 
appropriate hue and thinned way down.  In this case I used white (yelow for 
greens, yellow for orange, etc...).  I actually used the wash out from my 
airbrush as that stuff is super thinned as it is.  I think of this process 
as more along the lines of painting with light as opposed to layering on 
colors.  The demarcation lines are hard to see, but they are there.  I 
darkened the panel lines with an HB mechanical pencil.  My intent was to 
give the gray colors some "life" and not be so monotone.  This is a CAG 
bird, so it should be rather clean anyway.  I use testors model master and 
those little square bottles for all my work.  Decaling is the standard gloss 
coat, setting solutions, followed by a dull coat.  I applied two coats of 
the dull to give a slight semi gloss sheen.

Click on images below to see larger images

Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 03.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 03.jpg

Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 04.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 04.jpg

Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 05.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 05.jpg

Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 06.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 06.jpg

Hope you enjoyed looking at my build.  With thanks again to my cousin Adam 
who keeps me motivated.

Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 02.jpg here

Aloha

_________________________________________________________________
In a rush? Get real-time answers with Windows Live Messenger.
http://www.windowslive.com/messenger/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_realtime_042008