Subject: Re: F-22 for ARC
From: "Submissions for ARC" <[email-masked]>
To: "Deun Yu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 20:53:45 -0700

Hi,
I just wanted to let you know your article went on ARC today.  Thanks again for sending it in.

Steve Bamford
Aircraft Resource Center
http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com

Live like there is no tomorrow;
Love like you've never been hurt.
Work like you don't need the money.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Sing like nobody's listening.
Live like it's Heaven on Earth.

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Deun Yu 
  To: [email-masked] 
  Sent: Saturday, May 10, 2008 9:00 AM
  Subject: F-22 for ARC

  Hello Steve,

  I'm sending you my newest article for ARC. I hope ARC visitors like it! Thanks in advance!

  D. Yu

  Gallery Template #05

  1/72 Revell F-22A Raptor

  by Deun Yu
  --------------------

        Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 01.jpg here  

  Before the current 1/72 Raptor by Revell there was the Italeri/Revell kit, and this one is the old Revell rebox of Italeri's early F-22 Raptor. This model was made before the new operational F-22 kit was availabe and I tried to make it an operational bird with little modification.

  Click on images below to see larger images

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 03.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 03.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 04.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 04.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 05.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 05.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 06.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 06.jpg 

  The cockpit is standard, I just added few details like HUD, seat belts and the canopy mechanism.

  It took me several attempts to achieve a decently tinted canopy. I mixed ink (red, green and black from marker pens) with Future and dipped the canopy into it.

        Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 02.jpg here  

  There are some bad fitting parts that require filling and sanding. The most annoying ones are: weapon bays (if you want them closed), intakes, upper fuselage parts (behind cockpit) and vertical stabilizers.

  The main gear wheels look ridiculous and were replaced by spare F-15 wheels. Since their diameter is slightly smaller the finished model is somewhat tilted backwards.

  Click on images below to see larger images

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 07.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 07.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 08.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 08.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 09.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 09.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 10.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 10.jpg 

  The real challenge was the paintjob. To make a long story short, the camo is made of iron + black + gray (dark areas), silver (bright areas) and light gray (edges). Masking the edges prior to applying gray was awful, it took 2 exhausting hours! Next came a coating made of Future + black (marker pen again) to dull the entire camo sheme. Few decals were applied, the rest (tailcode and missing aircraft numbers) was hand painted. Final coat is clear flat.

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 11.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 11.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 12.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 12.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 13.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 13.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 14.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 14.jpg 

  And this is the result of 13 busy but enjoyable days of modeling. 13 days is very quick in my book and it turned out not too bad.

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 15.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 15.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 16.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 16.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 17.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 17.jpg 
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 18.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 018.jpg 

  Photos and text © by Deun Yu

       
        Schon gehört? Der neue WEB.DE MultiMessenger kann`s mit allen:    
        http://www.produkte.web.de/messenger/?did=3016