Subject: Re: Spitfire VIII
From: "Submissions for ARC" <[email-masked]>
To: "Allan Yeats" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 21:17:11 -0700

Hi,
I just wanted to let you know your article went on ARC today.  Thanks again 
for sending it in.

Steve Bamford
Aircraft Resource Center
http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com

Live like there is no tomorrow;
Love like you've never been hurt.
Work like you don't need the money.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Sing like nobody's listening.
Live like it's Heaven on Earth.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Allan Yeats" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2008 7:20 PM
Subject: Spitfire VIII

"1/48 scale Spitfire VIII"

by "Allan Yeats"
--------------------
Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 01.jpg here

This is the ICM Spitfire VIII (Kit No. 48065) that I recently
completed.  It was built with some small modifications such the
addition of 'Ultracast' seat & cockpit side door. The elevators were
also dropped.  The decal are by 'Watermark' and represent an aircraft
flown by F/L Paul Ostrander of Winnipeg, Canada while flying in Burma
with 155 (RAF) squadron. Paint is by Model Master.  I deliberately
tried to 'fade' the paint and markings to show an aircraft that has
been left out in the tropical sun too much.  The kit has some issues,
mostly concerning the fact the included Merlin engine won't fit into
the cowling provided. Best to just leave it out. All in all however, a
fun and easy build for an experienced builder.

Click on images below to see larger images
  Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 02.jpg
here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of
photo 02.jpg Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version
of photo 03.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full
sized version of photo 03.jpg

Photos and text © by "Allan Yeats"