Subject: Re: Post On August 30 Turkish Victory Day
From: "Submissions for ARC" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 09:38:50 -0700

Hi,
I just wanted to let you know your article went on ARC today.  Thanks again 
for sending it in.

Steve Bamford
Aircraft Resource Center
http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com

Live like there is no tomorrow;
Love like you've never been hurt.
Work like you don't need the money.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Sing like nobody's listening.
Live like it's Heaven on Earth.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 11:32 AM
Subject: Post On August 30 Turkish Victory Day

Hi Steve,  I am sending you the photos and the article for my latest model. 
I will be very happy if you can post it  on August 30   Turkish  Victory 
Day.   Article is  below. I am sending the photos as an attachment, you can 
place these photos as you like inside the article.

 Regards
 Ceki

----------------------------------------------------------------------
            1/48 Tamiya Brewster  Buffalo Mk.I

                     By Ceki Erginbas

  Here is my 1/48 Brewster Buffalo Mk.I.  which was flown by pilot officer 
Noel C. Sharp. This  Buffalo was  assigned to 488th squadron of the Royal 
New Zealand Air Force  and was located in Kallang Singapore in late 1941.

  Tamiya's   61094 box numbered  Brewster B-339 Buffalo "Pacific Theater" 
kit was used for this build. Model is basicly  the old Tamiya Buffalo 
moulding  supplemented with some new pieces to be able to build a land based 
Buffalo B-339.   Overall the kit shows its age in terms of detail and fit. 
But it still looks nice  when finished.    I have completed this model out 
of the box, and  I am happy with the result. But if you are a modeller who 
wants to build a detailed Buffalo, I strongly reccomend to supplement this 
kit with some aftermarket products, especially for the  cockpit and the 
landing gear bays.

   Construction and interior painting was done according to the guide. 
Canpy masks included in the kit were used. Although these seems nice , it is 
hard to cut these properly. I think I will keep using Bare Metal Foil as my 
masking  material for the future models.

 For the upper surfaces  H-72 RAF Dark Earth and H-73 RAF Dark Green  from 
Gunze Sangyo Acrylics  was used. For the lower surfaces,  H-74 SKY (duck egg 
green) from Gunze Sangyo and  X-18 Semi-Gloss Black  from Tamiya acrylics 
were used.  These were then covered with X-22 gloss coat from Tamiya 
Acrylics.

    Although the markings I applied are aslo included in the box, I haven't 
use those since they were  in usual Tamiya thickness. Rather I have used 
"Buffalo's Over South East Asia Part II" decal set from Aeromaster.  These 
decals are great in quality, very nice colors,  and much thinner  than the 
box counterparts.

     After the decal application, another coat of X-22 were applied. Then 
local washes were applied with  burnt-umber oil paint  thinned with 
turpentine.  This was followed by a flat cote with micro-flat.   At last  a 
highly  thinned  XF-1 (flat black) and X-19 (smoke) mixture was  applied 
very lightly on the decals  and the panel lines  for a final weathering 
effect. This mixture was also airbrushed to the overall aircraft  in flight 
direction.

     Happy Modelling Everyone !
     Ceki Erginbas

Photos and text © by "Ceki Erginbas"